Hippocampus, the online literary magazine devoted to memorable creative nonfiction, has announced the winner of its 2020 Remember in November Contest for Creative Nonfiction.
Claire O’Brien’s essay “Dead Weight” was selected by guest judge Janna Marlies Maron as the grand prize winner.
The runner-up an finalists are:
- “The New Pretty” by Nicole Graev Lipson (runner-up)
- “Exodus” by Darby Shea Williams
- “The Honey Bucket” by Laura Joyce-Hubbard
- “I’ll Be Seeing You: A Black Women Travels in 2017” by DW McKinney
- Say You Want to Live and Be Beautiful” by Lori Jakiela
You can read the winning piece, runner-up, and finalists in the November 2020 issue online now.