South Dakota Review
- Item View Image:
About this Magazine:
Founded in 1963, South Dakota Review is a literary print journal published quarterly at The University of South Dakota.
- Editor(s): Lee Ann Roripaugh, duncan b. barlow
- Organization (if applicable): University of South Dakota
- Address 1: Department of English
- Address 2: 414 E. Clark Street
- City: Vermillion
- State Code: SD
- Postal Code: 57069
- Phone: (605) 677-5184
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: southdakotareview.com
- Facebook: Facebook
- Format: Print
- Genres: Cross-Genre, Fiction, Nonfiction, Poetry, Reviews
- Sample (Postpaid): $12
- Copy Price: $12
- Simultaneous Submissions: yes (with notice)
- Postal Submissions: no
- Email Submissions: no
- Online Submissions: yes (via Submittable)
- Subscription (individuals): $40
- Subscription (institutions): $70/2 yr
- Reading Period: 9/1–6/1
- Response Time: 8–10 weeks
- Payment: copies
- Contests: no
- Founded: 1963
- Issues Per Year: 4
Publisher's description: South Dakota Review is committed to cultural and aesthetic diversity. First and foremost, we seek to publish exciting and compelling work that reflects the full spectrum of the contemporary literary arts.
Since its inception in 1963, South Dakota Review has maintained a tradition of supporting work by contemporary writers writing from or about the American West. We hope to retain this unique flavor by particularly welcoming works by American Indian writers, writers addressing the complexities and contradictions of the “New West”, and writers exploring themes of landscape, place, and/or eco-criticism in surprising and innovative ways. At the same time, we’d like to set these ideas and themes in dialogue with and within the context of larger global literary communities.
We publish fiction, poetry, essays (and mixed/hybrid-genre work), as well as literary reviews, interviews, and translations.
Find more great literary magazines at the NewPages Guide to Lit Mags.