Summer Teaching Fellow in Fiction Antioch College, an independent, selective liberal arts college located in Yellow Springs, Ohio, invites applications for a three-month teaching fellowship in fiction for Summer 2014. The Summer Teaching Fellow will teach two courses in his/her area of expertise, including one workshop-style creative writing seminar (LIT 250) and one course intended to offer undergraduate students an introduction to the genre (LIT 242).
- Teach one creative writing workshop-style seminar and one introductory-level literature course to undergraduate students focusing on fiction during Antioch College’s Summer session (July 8-September 19)
- Give one public reading of current work
- Assist students in the coordination of a student-led fiction reading in September 2014
- MFA or comparable degree in creative writing
- Record of publication in fiction
- Enthusiasm for and experience teaching fiction
To apply, submit a cover letter, curriculum vita, brief writing sample, and three letters of recommendation, to: nwilburnATantiochcollegeDOTorg
Electronic submission of all materials is strongly preferred. If necessary, hard copies may be mailed to Literature Faculty Search, c/o Nancy Wilburn, Antioch College, One Morgan Place, Yellow Springs, Ohio, 45387. Applications will be reviewed as received. Deadline for submission of materials is May 15, 2014.