NewPages Guide to
Indie Bookstores in Mississippi
The best list of independent Mississippi bookstores
Southern Bound Book Shop in Biloxi is proud to be the only independent book store in our city. We specialize in used books published in the last few years, but we also carry old and more obscure titles. We love and appreciate the arts and creativity, and our goal is to foster that in our community. We also appreciate anything old, upcycled, recycled, vintage, and just plain cool or weird. Come on in and pay us a visit.
- City Title Brandon
- Title Link Bay Window Books
- Address 1 151-B W. Government St.
- Phone (601) 706-4545
- Type Primarily used with some new books
- Specialty Children's, Educational, Literary, Mystery, Science Fiction/Fantasy
- Sidelines Artwork, Coffee/Tea, Curiosities, Gifts
- Events Author Signings
- Facebook Facebook
We take the privilege of being the only bookstore in Rankin County seriously! MS author signings, college and school-assigned books, used books at 1/2 original price, collectibles and the ability to order anything not currently in stock!
We've been in business for almost 50 years. Our store is approximately 10,000 sq feet. We also have collegiate clothing and gifts, a huge children's section with books and Melissa and Doug toys. We carry bestsellers, have a large bible section, and we emboss bibles inhouse. Our cafe sells lunch, including coffee specialties, pastries, ice cream, and smoothies.
Books and more books: old and new. We carry an eclectic collection of unique and hard to find titles, with something for everyone. Plus, organic coffee, espresso, and teas.
- City Title Tupelo
- Title Link Reed's Gum Tree Books
- Address 1 111 S. Spring St.
- Phone (662) 842-6453
- Type New books
- City Title Vicksburg
- Title Link Lorelei Books
- Address 1 1103 Washington St.
- Phone (601) 634-8624
- Type Primarily new with some used books
- Specialty Children's, Regional
- Sidelines Gifts, Greeting Cards/Postcards, Magazines/Newspapers, Toys/Games
- Events Author Signings, Readings
- Facebook Facebook
- Website Website
Lorelei Books is luring booklovers to Vicksburg's historic downtown: home to art galleries, museums, restaurants, antique stores, bed and breakfasts, and loft living. We're open 10 am to 5 pm Tuesday through Saturday, or by appointment. Lorelei Books regularly hosts author events, and is an established poetry venue.
Violet Valley Bookstore is an LGBTQ feminist bookstore. It also features a variety of used books.