Scribe: A Journal of Writing Perspectives and Pedagogy in Two-Year Colleges is up an running!
The editors are looking for essays to be published in the first issue, coming out in December. If you are interested, please send your submissions to twoyeardigest-at-live-dot-com.
• Submissions should be 500 to 4,000 words in length.
• All pages should be double-spaced and in current MLA format.
• The review process is blind. Please submit a cover page with your submission that includes the title, date of submission, your name, school or organization, and contact information.
• Include a biography that is 100 words or fewer.
• Manuscripts submitted to the Journal must be original and unpublished work of the author(s) and must not be under consideration by other publications.
• It is the author’s responsibility to obtain any necessary written permission for use of copyrighted material contained within the article.
•Send submissions and questions to twoyeardigest-at-live-dot-com. In the subject line, please put SUBMISSION. The deadline is Oct. 15, 2010.
Topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Technology in the Classroom
• Students, including the needs of the new generation
• Revamping Programs and Courses, including creating an AFA program
• Tenure and Unions
• Challenges and Successes, including personal experiences
• Assignments and Activities
• Basic Writing vs. Academic Writing
• Applying Writing to Other Majors