- Item View Image:
About this Magazine:
A literary journal featuring the best of new and established writers of contemporary poetry and prose, as well as interviews with authors of note.
- Editor(s): Polly Buckingham
- Organization (if applicable):
- Address 1: 668 N. Riverpoint Blvd.
- Address 2: #259
- City: Spokane
- State Code: WA
- Postal Code: 99202
- Phone: (509) 828-1486
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: www.willowspringsmagazine.org
- Facebook: Facebook
- Twitter: Twitter
- Instagram: Instagram
- Format: E-pub, Print
- Genres: Fiction, Interviews, Nonfiction, Poetry, Translations
- Copy Price: $10
- Simultaneous Submissions: yes (see website)
- Postal Submissions: no
- Email Submissions: no
- Online Submissions: yes (see website)
- Subscription (individuals): $18
- Reading Period: Fiction & Poetry: 9/1-4/30; Nonfiction: year-round
- Response Time: 3-6 months
- Payment: yes (see website)
- Contests: yes (see website)
- ISSN: 0739-1277
- Founded: 1977
- Issues Per Year: 2
Publisher’s description: Since 1977 Willow Springs has published the finest in contemporary fiction, nonfiction, and poetry, as well as interviews with notable authors including Marilynne Robinson, Stuart Dybek, Aimee Bender, Robert Wrigley, Joyce Carol Oates, Yusef Komunyakaa, and Kim Addonizio, to name a few. Affiliated with Eastern Washington University’s Inland Northwest Center for Writers in Spokane, Willow Springs is published semi-annually, in both print and digital format. Willow Springs publishes work by unknown and up and coming writers, and by U.S. Poet Laureates and Pulitzer Prize winners, engaging our readers in an ongoing discussion of art, ideas, and the human experience.
In our forty years, Willow Springs has published over a thousand writers, including Tobias Wolff, Jorge Luis Borges, Yusef Komunyakaa, Louis Jenkins, Denise Levertov, Lydia Millet, WS Merwin, William Stafford, Charles Bukowski, Chris Offutt, Robert Olmstead, Michael Martone, Robert Hass, Stacey Richter, Tomaž Šalamun, Bret Lott, Sam Hamill, Naomi Shihab Nye, Erin Belieu, Laura Kasischke, Osip Mandelstam, Patricia Henley, Dorianne Laux, Mark Halliday, D. Nurkse, Elizabeth Murawski, among others from around the world.
Find more great literary magazines at the NewPages Guide to Lit Mags.