- Item View Image:
About this Magazine:
The Fiddlehead, Atlantic Canada's international literary journal, is entertainment for the thoughtful with its mix of poetry and stories by established and new writers.
- Organization (if applicable): University of New Brunswick
- Address 1: Campus House, 11 Garland Ct.
- Address 2: PO Box 4400
- City: Fredericton
- State Code: New Brunswick
- Postal Code: E3B 5A3
- Phone: (506) 453-3501
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: www.thefiddlehead.ca
- Facebook: Facebook
- Twitter: Twitter
- Format: Print
- Genres: Fiction, Nonfiction, Poetry
- Sample (Postpaid): $13-$18
- Copy Price: $12 (fall, winter, spring); $18 (summer)
- Simultaneous Submissions: yes (with notice)
- Postal Submissions: yes
- Email Submissions: no
- Online Submissions: yes (via Submittable)
- Subscription (individuals): $35 CAD; $40 USD
- Reading Period: 1/31-3/31 (online); 9/15-11/30 (online); year-round (postal)
- Response Time: 6-9 months
- Payment: yes (see website)
- Contests: yes (see website)
- ISSN: 015-0630
- Founded: 1945
- Issues Per Year: 4
Publisher’s description: The Fiddlehead, published 4 times a year, is Atlantic Canada's international literary journal. Since 1945 it has surprised and delighted readers in Canada and across the world with its stories, poems, essays, and book reviews. Each summer issue is devoted entirely to a single genre: poetry, fiction, or creative nonfiction. These extended issues measure the pulse of literary writing and are a showcase for established and emerging writers.
From time to time The Fiddlehead also publishes issues or sections dedicated to one theme or author, such as “BIPOC Solidarities” (Winter 2022), "In Memoriam: RM Vaughan" (Spring 2021), "In Memoriam: Don Domanski" (Winter 2021), “Remembering Alden Nowlan” (Autumn 2017), and “Retrospective & New Poems: Yusef Komunyakaa” (Autumn 2013). The Fiddlehead also holds annual contests in short fiction, poetry, and creative nonfiction.
Find more great literary magazines at the NewPages Guide to Lit Mags.