- Item View Image:
About this Magazine:
Driftwood Press is a literary organization that offers an editing service, online seminars, and publishes poetry collections, novellas, graphic novels, and an annual print and digital anthology. Inside the anthology, we feature fiction, poetry, comics, art, photography, interviews, and craft essays. We pay for everything we publish.
- Editor(s): James McNulty, Jerrod Schwarz, Dan Leach, Felicia Krol, Megan Krupa, Claire Agnes, Stephen Hundley
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: www.driftwoodpress.net
- Facebook: Facebook
- Twitter: Twitter
- Blog: Instagram
- Format: Online, Print
- Genres: Art, Comics, Fiction, Interviews, Nonfiction, Photography, Poetry
- Simultaneous Submissions: yes (see website)
- Postal Submissions: no
- Email Submissions: no
- Online Submissions: yes (see website)
- Reading Period: year-round
- Response Time: 1-12 weeks (see website)
- Payment: yes (see website)
- Contests: yes (see website)
- ISSN: 2331-7132
- Founded: 2013
- Issues Per Year: 1
Publisher's description: John Updike once said, "Creativity is merely a plus name for regular activity. Any activity becomes creative when the doer cares about doing it right, or better." At Driftwood Press, we are always searching for artists who care about doing it right, or better. We are excited to receive your submissions and will diligently work to bring you the best in fiction, poetry, graphic narrative, art, photography, and original interviews.
We offer all of our published authors the opportunity to publish an interview alongside their work, and many of our published authors are offered guest editorships. We also offer our submitters a premium option to receive an acceptance or rejection letter within one week of submission. We use submission fees to pay our writers, offering $1,000 for novellas, and we offer year-round contests with medium to large awards. Please see our site for more details and keep updated with our Facebook page.