The Blue Mountain Review
- Item View Image:
- a journal of culture
About this Magazine:
The Blue Mountain Review is a journal of culture. Our passion is to represent all people from all walks of life. Stories are vital to our survival. We’d love a chance to preserve and promote yours. We feature original poetry, short stories, cross-genre, and visual art.
- Editor(s): Skye Jackson, Robert Gwaltney, Casanova Green, Jack Bedell, Lynne Kemen, Clifford Brooks, Slade Gottlieb, Lee Furey, Andy Whitehorne
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: www.southerncollectiveexperience.com
- Facebook: Facebook
- Twitter: Twitter
- Blog: Instagram
- Format: E-pub, Online
- Genres: Art, Comics, Cross-Genre, Drama, Fiction, Interviews, Nonfiction, Photography, Poetry, Reviews, Screenplay, Translations
- Simultaneous Submissions: no
- Postal Submissions: no
- Email Submissions: no
- Online Submissions: yes (via Submittable)
- Reading Period: year-round
- Response Time: 4 weeks
- Payment: no
- Contests: yes (see website)
- Founded: 2015
- Issues Per Year: 4
Publisher's description: The Blue Mountain Review launched from Athens, Georgia in 2015 with the mantra, “We’re all south of somewhere.” As a journal of culture, the BMR strives to represent life through its stories. Stories are vital to our survival. What we sing saves the soul. Our goal is to preserve and promote lives told well through prose, poetry, music, and the visual arts.
Our editors read year-round with an eye out for work with homespun and international appeal. We want original poetry, short stories, cross-genre, and visual art. We offer contests and in-depth critique options with one of our editors.
The Blue Mountain Review has published work by and/or interviews with Jericho Brown, Kelli Russell Agodon, Robert Pinsky, Rising Appalachia, Turkuaz, Michel Stone, Michael Flohr, Lee Herrick, Chen Chen, Michael Cudlitz, Pat Metheny, Melissa Studdard, Lyrics Born, Terry Kay, and Christopher Moore.
Find more great literary magazines at the NewPages Guide to Lit Mags.