- Item View Image:
- About this Magazine: Publishing since 1996, The Baltimore Review is an online and print journal of fiction, creative nonfiction, and poetry.
- Editor(s): Barbara Diehl & staff
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: www.baltimorereview.org
- Facebook: Facebook
- Twitter: Twitter
- Blog: Blog
- Format: Online, Print
- Genres: Fiction, Nonfiction, Poetry
- Simultaneous Submissions: yes
- Email Submissions: no
- Online Submissions: yes (see website)
- Reading Period: 9/1 - 11/30; 2/1 - 5/31
- Response Time: 3 months
- Payment: yes (see website)
- Contests: yes (see website)
- ISSN: 1092-5716
- Founded: 1996
- Issues Per Year: 4 online, 1 print
Publisher’s description: Published since 1996 as print journal, The Baltimore Review re-launched as an online, quarterly journal in 2012. This doesn't mean that we've fallen out of love with the printed book. Work accepted for online publication will also be collected for annual print issues. The journal features the work of Baltimore-area writers, as well as writers from around the world.
The BR accepts short story, creative nonfiction, and poetry. Contest submissions are accepted for two issues per year, and contest themes are announced on the website. Want updates on new issue releases, submission deadlines, contest themes, and events? Subscribe on this page: baltimorereview.org/index.php/about (you can unsubscribe at any time).
Writers are encouraged to read the editors’ comments, the submission guidelines, announcements and other items of interest on our blog, and, of course, the work of our contributors at www.baltimorereview.org.
Find more great literary magazines at the NewPages Guide to Lit Mags.