#Litrostory is a collective story told on Twitter by as many writers as possible.
The newest #Litrostory started Friday 20th December and closes at midnight on Monday 6th January 2014. The collective story will then be published on Litro.
#Litrostory will be kicked off by author Wiley Cash, whose new gripping novel This Dark Road to Mercy, Transworld Books, is out in January 2014 and the third title in the Litro Book Club.
How it works:
• Litro Book Club novelist Wiley Cash@WileyCash will write the first line of a brand new story on Friday afternoon on Twitter.
• To take part, you just have to add the #Litrostory. Check out the Twitter hashtag #nextline to read the story so far, and add your line, using the same hashtag at the end. You’ll have to be quick, or someone else might get there first!
• You can take the story in any direction you want to, but remember that the aim is to end up with something readable, so please consider the next contributor before going too crazy.
• You can add as many lines as you want to the story, but not consecutively. Please wait for someone else to add the #Litrostory before you add again.
• You can see the compiled story as it goes along on the Litro site – Litro editors will be updating a page with the story as it stands daily.