- Item View Image:
- a magazine for poetry, fiction & memoirs
About this Magazine:
Salamander specializes in publishing highly accomplished poetry, fiction, and memoirs by writers who deserve a wider audience for their work.
- Organization (if applicable): Salamander
- Address 1: Suffolk University English Dept
- Address 2: 8 Ashburton Place
- City: Boston
- State Code: MA
- Postal Code: 02108
- Phone: (617) 573-8290
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: www.salamandermag.org
- Facebook: Facebook
- Twitter: Twitter
- Format: E-pub, Print
- Genres: Fiction, Nonfiction, Poetry
- Sample (Postpaid): $3
- Copy Price: $9
- Simultaneous Submissions: yes (with notice)
- Postal Submissions: yes
- Email Submissions: no
- Online Submissions: yes (see website)
- Subscription (individuals): $15 (print); $10 (digital); $17 (print + digital)
- Reading Period: 10/1-4/30
- Response Time: 3 months approx.
- Payment: yes (see website)
- Contests: yes (see website)
- ISSN: 1063-3359
- Founded: 1992
- Issues Per Year: 2
Publisher’s description: Salamander, a magazine for poetry, fiction, nonfiction, and translation, specializes in publishing highly accomplished work by writers who deserve a wider audience. Our writers have been recipients of the National Book Award, the National Book Critics Circle Award, the PEN Hemingway Award, and other honors and distinctions; their work originally published in Salamander has appeared on Poetry Daily and in the Pushcart Prize Anthology, O.Henry Prize Stories, Best American Short Stories, The Best American Nonrequired Reading, and New Stories from the Midwest 2018. Salamander is the recipient of a grant from the Massachusetts Cultural Council.
Recent contributors include: Sonya Larson, Mary LaChapelle, Cady Vishniac, Martha Collins, Shavahn Dorris-Jefferson, Brionne Janae, Ramiro Hinojosa, Yun Wang, Gerry LaFemina, Brandon Krieg, and Angie Estes.
Find more great literary magazines at the NewPages Guide to Lit Mags.