New England Review
- Item View Image:
About this Magazine:
New England Review distinguishes itself with a fine blend of fiction, poetry, and nonfiction that is both challenging and inviting to the general reader.
- Editor(s): Carolyn Kuebler, Rick Barot, J.M. Tyree
- Phone: (802) 443-5075
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: www.nereview.com
- Facebook: Facebook
- Twitter: Twitter
- Format: E-pub, Print
- Genres: Drama, Fiction, Nonfiction, Poetry, Reviews, Translations
- Sample (Postpaid): $10
- Copy Price: $12 (print); $10 (digital)
- Simultaneous Submissions: yes
- Postal Submissions: no
- Email Submissions: no
- Online Submissions: yes (see website)
- Subscription (individuals): $35 (print); $30 (digital)
- Subscription (institutions): $50
- Reading Period: 9/1-11/30; 3/1-5/31
- Response Time: 4-12 weeks
- Payment: yes (see website)
- Contests: no
- ISSN: 1053-1297
- Founded: 1978
- Issues Per Year: 4
Publisher's description: New England Review gives readers a vital snapshot of the literary moment, four times a year, in its richness, complexity, and diversity. We publish poetry and fiction in a variety of shapes and styles—some renovating old forms and others inventing new forms altogether—alongside a range of nonfiction, including personal and lyric essays, cultural revaluations, travelogues, and more. Translations are also a regular part of our mix, and once a year we highlight writing from another part of the world in a portfolio of international writing. While each piece in the magazine can be read and appreciated on its own, the issue as a whole is assembled with an eye to flow and thematic coherence or dissonance, creating a sum greater than its parts.
NER is published four times a year by Middlebury College. Editor: Carolyn Kuebler; Managing Editor: Leslie Sainz; Poetry Editor: Jennifer Chang; Fiction Editors: Ernest McLeod and Emily Mitchell; Nonfiction Editors: J. M. Tyree and Elizabeth Kadetsky.
Find more great literary magazines at the NewPages Guide to Lit Mags.