The Missouri Review
- Item View Image:
About this Magazine:
One of the premier publishers of the best new stories, essays, and poems from Pulitzer Prize winners to unpublished emerging writers.
- Organization (if applicable): University of Missouri
- Address 1: 357 McReynolds Hall
- City: Columbia
- State Code: MO
- Postal Code: 65211
- Phone: (573) 882-4474
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: www.missourireview.com
- Facebook: Facebook
- Twitter: Twitter
- Format: E-pub, Print
- Genres: Fiction, Nonfiction, Poetry
- Sample (Postpaid): $10
- Copy Price: $10
- Simultaneous Submissions: yes
- Postal Submissions: yes
- Email Submissions: no
- Online Submissions: yes (see website)
- Subscription (individuals): $30 (print); $24 (digital)
- Subscription (institutions): $30
- Reading Period: year-round
- Response Time: 12 weeks
- Payment: yes (see website); copies
- Contests: yes (see website)
- ISSN: 0191-1961
- Founded: 1978
- Issues Per Year: 4
Publisher’s description: Since 1978, the Missouri Review has helped shape the contemporary literary scene by offering the finest work of today’s most important writers and by discovering the brightest new voices in fiction, poetry, and the essay. Audio recordings of every issue, read by either the writer or a professional theater performer, are available through our website.
Recent work in the the Missouri Review has been anthologized over 100 times in Best American Short Stories, Best American Essays, Best American Travel Writing, Best American Poetry, Prize Stories: The O’Henry Awards, New Stories From The South, and The Pushcart Prize. Writers whose work first appeared in the Missouri Review have won awards such as the National Book Award, the Yale Younger Poets Award, MacArthur Foundation “Genius” awards, and the Pulitzer Prize.
Recent contributors include Aamina Ahmad, Rick Bass, David Lee, E.J. Levy, R.T. Smith, Phillip B. Williams, and Kevin Wilson.
Find more great literary magazines at the NewPages Guide to Lit Mags.