- Item View Image:
- art, literature, commentary
About this Magazine:
Published by New American Press, MAYDAY presents new poetry, prose, translations, political/cultural commentary, and visual art to a growing community of international readers.
- Editor(s): David Bowen, Chase Erwin, Bri Di Monda
- Organization (if applicable): New American Press
- Address 1: PO Box 1094
- City: Grafton
- State Code: WI
- Postal Code: 53024
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: www.maydaymagazine.com
- Facebook: Facebook
- Twitter: Twitter
- Instagram: Instagram
- Format: Online
- Genres: Art, Fiction, Interviews, Nonfiction, Poetry, Reviews, Translations
- Simultaneous Submissions: yes
- Postal Submissions: no
- Email Submissions: no
- Online Submissions: yes (via Submittable)
- Reading Period: year-round
- Response Time: 2-4 months
- Contests: yes (see website)
- Founded: 2009
Publisher’s description: MAYDAY Magazine presents new writing and visual art to a growing community of international readers. Previous features include poetry, fiction, translations, interviews, and commentary contributed by writers such as Hanif Abdurraqib, Koa Beck, Sam Cohen, Paul Crenshaw, Kathy Fagen, Annie Finch, Alan Heathcock, Christopher Higgs, T.R. Hummer, Mary Kasimor, Liz Kay, Donica Kelly, David Kirby, Craig Nova, Miriam McNamara, George Saunders, Emily St. John Mandel, Kali Wallace, and Jillian Weise, as well as art and interviews contributed by visual artists such as José Ð Almeida, Han Bing, Dominic Chambers, Leslie Diuguid, Kristen Drozdowski, Lauren Matsumoto, Sheng Qi, Harmonica Rosales, Tamara Santibañez, and others.
MAYDAY Magazine annually awards the MAYDAY Fiction Prize and the MAYDAY Poetry Prize. Authors of the winning short story and poem are presented $1,000 and broadsides of the work selected for each respective prize. Submissions are usually in the spring.
Find more great literary magazines at the NewPages Guide to Lit Mags.