- Item View Image:
About this Magazine:
An annual review of poetry, prose, and art (including poems, fiction, essays, and book reviews). Issues include featured poet and artist/photographer with interview.
- Organization (if applicable): Able Muse
- Address 1: 467 Saratoga Avenue #602
- City: San Jose
- State Code: CA
- Postal Code: 95129
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: www.ablemuse.com
- Facebook: Facebook
- Twitter: Twitter
- Blog: Blog
- Format: Print
- Genres: Fiction, Interviews, Nonfiction, Poetry, Reviews
- Sample (Postpaid): $25.95 (US), $27.95 (foreign)
- Copy Price: $21.95
- Simultaneous Submissions: no
- Postal Submissions: no
- Email Submissions: no
- Online Submissions: yes (see website)
- Subscription (individuals): $17 (US), $19 (foreign)
- Subscription (institutions): $20
- Reading Period: 1/1–7/15
- Response Time: less than 2 weeks
- Payment: copies
- Contests: yes (see website)
- ISSN: 2168-0426
- Founded: 1999
- Issues Per Year: 1
Publisher’s description: Able Muse publishes metrical poetry complemented by art and photography, fiction, nonfiction including essays, book reviews and interviews with a focus on metrical and formal poetry.
We look for well-crafted poems of any length or subject that employ skillful and imaginative use of meter and rhyme, executed in a contemporary idiom, that reads as naturally as your free verse poems.
All forms of formal poetry are welcome. We will also occasionally publish, the exceptional free verse poem. For examples of what we're interested in, check the poetry of Philip Larkin, Elizabeth Bishop, James Merrill, Derek Walcott, Richard Wilbur, Marilyn Hacker, Anthony Hecht…
We invite you to become acquainted with any publication is to read its recent issues. Enjoy and study our online archives or to subscribe to Able Muse print edition at the Able Muse Press website at www.ablemusepress.com.
Please visit our website and view our guidelines before submitting.
Find more great literary magazines at the NewPages Guide to Lit Mags.