NewPages Magazine Stand Archive
More recent issues of literary magazines
All new issue announcements are supplied by their publishers.
- Linked Title Sport Literate
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 21 Number 4, November 2018
The latest offering from Sport Literate, which first began publishing in 1995, shares the work of 26 poets and writers. Matt Hohner took home the top prize in the “Anything But Baseball” poetry contest, and Todd Davis won top honors in an essay contest judged by Michael Steinberg.
- Linked Title The American Poetry Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 47 Number 6, November/December 2018
Jericho Brown from The Duplexes
- Linked Title Beloit Poetry Journal
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 68 Number 2, Fall 2018
The BPJ's latest issue showcases the 2018 Adrienne Rich Award for Poetry, judged by Naomi Shihab Nye. Included is the winning "from Dark Lines Against the Dark" by Jehanne Dubrow and poetry from finalists Robin Meyers, Rachel Edelman, Julia Kolchinsky Dasbach, Daniel Arias-Gómez, Emily Pittinos, and Sean Shearer.
- Linked Title Michigan Quarterly Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Fall 2018
Caregiving: A special issue guest edited by Heather McHugh
- Linked Title New Ohio Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 24, Fall 2018
The latest NOR features contest-winners in fiction (Analia Villagra), nonfiction (Kelsey Ronan), and poetry (Jessica Cuello). Staff members credit the late Tony Hoagland, who died in October and who was working on three essays on poetics—which together make up the issue’s feature—in the last weeks of his life.
- Linked Title The Southern Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 54 Number 4, Autumn 2018
The Fear Issue
- Linked Title Inch
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 36, Winter 2018
Kyle Hemmings, Cathy Ulrich, John Sibley Williams, Salem Dockery
- Linked Title Bull & Cross
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date October 2018
The October issue of Bull & Cross delivers three wonderful stories from David Henson, Jordan Williams, and Robert L. Penick! Grab some coffee and dive into these tales of burglary, sorrow, and doomed love!
- Linked Title The Fib Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 31, November 2018
The Fib Review Issue #31 has been posted to the Muse-Pie Press site. This issue features new and returning poets from Canada, New Zealand the UK and the US.
- Linked Title Geist
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Number 109, Summer 2018
The Fall issue features Terence Byrnes, Cary Fagan, Tanja Bartel, Postcard Contest Winners, Carolyne Montgomery, Billeh Nickerson, Kathryn Mockler, Carmen Tiampo, Joe Bongiorno, Stephen Henighan, Alberto Manguel and many more.
- Linked Title Hippocampus Magazine
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date November 2018
Earlier this week, we announced the five finalists of Hippocampus Magazine’s 2018 Remember in November Contest for Creative Nonfiction: Laura Gilkey, Adriana Gonzalez, Jessica Reed, Keith Skinner, and Linda Stead. Find out who guest judge Krystal Sital selected as winner and runner-up in our new issue! Also in this issue, a craft column from Nicole Breit, a writing life column from Jeanette Brown, and three book reviews.
- Linked Title Jersey Devil Press
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 102, November 2018
Gavin Broom returns this issue with a seaside story, and C. M. Donahue imagines a lunar adventurer's final moments in free verse. Heather Santo's flash fiction explains how science and art collaborate. Askold Skalsky's sonnet explores the distance between desire and reality, and Emily Williamson's blank verse poem turns a landfill into a time machine.