NewPages Magazine Stand
New Issues of Online & Print
Literary & Alternative Magazines
Sponsor Literary & Alternative Magazines
received May 22, 2017
- AGNI - Number 85 - mag stand
- Linked Title AGNI
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Number 85, 2017
In this issue, find poetry by Matt Morton, Philip Fried, Sydney Lea, Kaveh Akbar, Rosalie Moffett, Mary Buchinger, and more; fiction by Evanthia Bromiley, Marjorie Sandor, Harold Schweizer, Courtney Sender, Kirstin Allio, Stephen Dixon, Lynne Sharon Schwartz; and nonfiction by Joe Walpole, Qais Akbar Omar, Nin Andrews, Susan Bernofsky, and more. Plus, our art feature: Olalekan Jeyifous.
- Brevity - March 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title Brevity
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 55, May 2017
Our May 2017 issue features outstanding new nonfiction from Rebecca McClanahan, Sarah Carson, Karen Babine, Amy Butcher, Brian Trapp, Stephen J. West, John Rybicki, Donna Steiner, Kate Martin Rowe, Charlotte Pence, Ashlyn Mooney, Rachel Palmer, Maya Klein, Margaret MacInnis, and Georgie Hunt. Original artwork by Heather Kresge. In our craft section, Peggy Shumaker reminds us that language must come alive before our written lives become interesting to others, Judith Padow examines the use of fictional “imagining” in nonfiction, and Jeanette Luise Eberhardy explores connections between visual artists and writing flash essays.
- Cimarron Review - Winter 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title Cimarron Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 198, Winter 2017
Featuring the stark, arresting photography of Kathleen Galvin, this issue includes work by Sidney Wade, Daniel Bourne, Juliette Parlette-Carino, Jessica Hollander, Michael Biehl, Miriam Cohen, and Ryan Habermeyer. Celebrate Cimarron Review's golden jubilee with this issue along with the upcoming anniversary issue.
- Creative Nonfiction - Spring 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title Creative Nonfiction
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 63, Spring 2017
Creative Nonfiction #63: “How We Teach,” reaches far beyond the traditional classroom. Contributors travel to the kitchen, to rehab centers, to the dentist’s office, and as far as Saudi Arabia in these stories about making a meaningful impact. Plus, immersion artist Ted Conover on the importance of talking with people on the other side of the political divide; Sheryl St. Germain’s argument for broadening the scope of the creative writing MFA; teaching writing in twenty minutes a day; tiny truths; and more.
- The Fiddlehead - Spring 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title The Fiddlehead
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Number 271, Spring 2017
This issue features the winners of The Fiddlehead’s 26th annual literary contest! Dominique Bernier-Cormier won the Ralph Gustafson Prize for Best Poem and Kate Finegan received the Short Fiction Prize. The honourable mentions went to Tammy Armstrong and Kim Trainor (poetry) and Steven Benstead and Ann Cavlovic (short fiction). There’s a special section on the 2016 International Griffin Poetry Prize winner Norman Dubie, containing five new poems along with a curated selection of earlier works, and new work from Shane Goth, Barry Dempster, and Heather Cadsby among others. The cover is from Eric Budovitch’s “Echo” (from his Moving Day Series).
- Rhino - 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title RHINO
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date 2017
Now in our 41st year, the poems in RHINO 2017 reflect the uncertain times in which we live: Casey Thayer, Lee Sharkey, Eric Pankey, Silvia Bonilla, Abigail Beckel, Jeanne Marie Beaumont, David Welch, Jason Joyce, Lola Haskins, Joe Jiménez, Robert Thomas, John Allen Taylor, Yudit Shahar, and Jennifer Moss. Editors’ Prize winners are in this issue: Andrés Cerpa, Alix Anne Shaw, Robbie Pock, and Milorad Pejić, as well as Founders’ Prize winners Kevin Simmonds, Willie James, and Tim Wood.
- River Teeth - Spring 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title River Teeth
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 18 Number 2, Spring 2017
In the Spring 2017 issue of River Teeth, read nonfiction by Zachary Gerberick, Lauren Hobson, Julie Marie Wade & Brenda Miller, Michael Downs, E.A. Farro, Thomas Larson, Andre Dubus III, Amanda Bestor-Siegal, Kerry Muir, Reg Darling, Krista Christensen, and Brian Castner.
Other Literary Magazines
received May 15, 2017
- BALLOONS Lit. Journal - March 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title BALLOONS Lit. Journal
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 5, March 2017
The fifth issue of BALLOONS Lit. Journal is celebrated by stunning artists, poets and writers targeting at a young audience. This issue features work by painter Sam McCready, poets Summer Edward, Doraine Bennett, and Paul Cookson, as well as fiction writers Monika John and Jay Lee, among others.
- Conjunctions - Spring 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title Conjunctions
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 68, 2017
Contributors including Cole Swensen, Kathryn Davis, Nathaniel Mackey, Ann Lauterbach, Can Xue, Elaine Equi, Robert Coover, Joyce Carol Oates, Frederic Tuten, and Nobel Prize winner Claude Simon explore the theme of architecture in works of provocative, innovative, immaculately crafted fiction, poetry, and narrative nonfiction. Read dangerously. Write fearlessly.
- Cream City Review - Spring/Summer 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title Cream City Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 41 Number 1, Spring & Summer 2017
- Futures Trading - May 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title Futures Trading
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 5 Number 1, May 2017
Futures Trading 5.1 is now live. The issue features Bruce McRae, Charles Wilkinson, James Fowler, Simon Perchik, Ernst Luchs, Sanjeev Sethi, Caleb Puckett, Sheikha A., Maria Bolaños, John Lowther, Hugh Tribbey, Kyle Hemmings, Heath Brougher, Joe Balaz, Kim Farleigh, Kevin Rabas, Jeffrey Zable, Willie Smith, and Jeff Bagato.
- Iron Horse Literary Review - Volume 19 Number 1 - mag stand
- Linked Title Iron Horse Literary Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 19 Number 1, 2017
State of the Union
- Jubilat - Issue 31 - mag stand
- Linked Title jubilat
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 31, 2017
- The Literary Review - Later Winter 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title The Literary Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 60 Number 1, Late Winter 2017
Features work by Fleur Jaeggy (fiction, translated by Gini Alhadeff), Julia Butschkow (fiction, translated by Peter Sean Woltemade), Karen Wunsch, (poetry), Bruce Bond, (poetry), H.L. Xix (poetry translator), and Josip Novakovich, and others. "Uncle" denotes surrender, family, power struggles, and making order out of chaos.
- Litro Magazine - Number 162 - mag stand
- Linked Title Litro Magazine
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Number 162 May 2017
- Ragazine.CC - May/June 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title Ragazine.CC
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 13 Number 3, May/June 2017
- shufPoetry - Spring 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title shufPoetry
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Number 8, May 2017
Doug Boiling, Jose Trejo Maya, Sue Birchenough, Ali Znaidi, j4, and more.
- Slice - Spring/Summer 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title Slice
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 20, Spring/Summer 2017
Slice aims to spark conversations you might not otherwise hear. In Issue 20, established voices and rising stars explore the theme Corporeal through stories, essays, poetry, and interviews. Interviews with Steve Erickson, Melissa Febos, Garth Greenwell, Edwidge Danticat, Lidia Yuknavitch, Jade Chang. New fiction by Christina Baker Kline, among others.
- Steam Ticket - Spring 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title Steam Ticket
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 20, Spring 2017
- The Stinging Fly - Summer 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title The Stinging Fly
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 36 Volume 2, Summer 2017
- Tar River Poetry - Spring 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title Tar River Poetry
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 56 Number 2, Spring 2017
In our Spring 2017 issue we review new books by Jenny Johnson and Peter Makuck, and we feature new poems by Kelly Cherry, Susan Cohen, Jeff Ewing, Lois Marie Harrod, Philip Memmer, Eric Paul Shaffer, Maria Terrone, William Wenthe, and many others. Subscribe or order sample copies at our website.
- Vallum - Volume 14 Number 1 - mag stand
- Linked Title Vallum
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 14 Number 1, 2017
received May 15, 2017
- Korean Quarterly - Spring 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title Korean Quarterly
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 20 Number 3, Spring 2017
- The Nation - May 22/29 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title The Nation
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 304 Number 16, May 22/29 2017
Special Issue: Out From Under Capitalism. Redefining Money; Arguing Race and Class; and Identifying the Agents of Neoliberalism's Downfall