NewPages Magazine Stand
New Issues of Online & Print
Literary & Alternative Magazines
All new issue announcements are supplied by their publishers.
Sponsor Literary & Alternative Magazines
received January 14, 2019
Brevity - January 2019 - mag stand
- Linked Title Brevity
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 60, January 2019
Our January 2019 Issue contains brilliant flash nonfiction from Abby Mims, Dustin Parsons, Susan Jackson Rodgers, Prajeet Heir, Sam Kiss, Amy Stonestrom, Rebecca McClanahan, John Skoyles, Richard Hoffman, Sean Thomas Dougherty, Bryn Chancellor, Niya Marie, Jennifer Wortman, Lisa Fay Coutley, and Harrison Candelaria Fletcher. In our Craft Section, Nicole Breit reveals the power of the literary diptych (with writing prompts), Susan Bruns Rowe considers the elusiveness of voice, and Michael Downs shows how “a single sentence or detail or image – even a particular word – can act as a ‘vein of jade’ that makes the whole work glisten." And stunning artwork by Dev Murphy.
Cold Mountain Review - Fall 2018 - mag stand
- Linked Title Cold Mountain Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 47 Number 1, Fall 2018
Special Issue on Justice. Creative nonfiction by Margaret Donovan Bauer, Robin Gow, Jennifer Case, Vic Sizemore, and more; an essay by Laurie Klein; fiction by Dustin M. Hoffman, Cassandra Passarelli, and Michael McGuire; and poetry by Daisy Bassen, Elizabeth Diebold, Alice B. Fogel, Es Foong, Tim Krcmarik, Keli Osborn, Joel Peckham, Katherine Russell, Amie Whittemore, and others. Plus, Katherine Abrams in conversation with Vivian Shipley.
High Desert Journal - November 2018 - mag stand
- Linked Title High Desert Journal
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 27, November 2018
Issue 27 is here with nonfiction by Fred Haefele, CMarie Fuhrman, Lauren Fath, and Alexis Bonogofsky; fiction by Brady Harrison, Robert Kostuck, and Hillary Behrman; and poetry by Paulann Petersen, Tiah Lindner Raphael, Gene Goldfab, Zachary Eddy, Jeanne Julian, and Judith Chibante. Art by Kim Matthews Wheaton.
The Iowa Review - Winter 2018/19 - mag stand
- Linked Title The Iowa Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 48 Number 3, Winter 2018/19
In this issue: cyanotypes, a giant hedge, nuns with tattoos, food carts, a divorcée in pumps, Naima Coltrane, an ode to the dumbphone, Charlottesville, and the winners of the 2018 Iowa Review Awards.
The Massachusetts Review - Winter 2018 - mag stand
- Linked Title The Massachusetts Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 59 Number 4, Winter 2018
Together with the Lawrence-Minh But Davis of the Smithsonian’s Asian Pacific American Center, and Cathy Schlund-Vials, Professor of Asian American Studies and English at UConn, MR is proud to present a special issue on Asian American literature, Rethinking the Canon. With over 280 pages of new poetry, fiction, nonfiction, and graphic narrative, this issue reexamines the field and suggests where it might head next. With work by Kazim Ali, Marilyn Chin, Javanica Dai, Kimiko Hahn, Matt Huynh, Rami Karim, Viet Thanh Nguyen, Amit Majmudar, Amy Uyematsu, Ocean Vuong, Jane Wong, and many more.
Otis Nebula - Volume 13 - mag stand
- Linked Title Otis Nebula
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 13, 2018
New work by Cameron Morse, Stefene Russell, Theresa Williams, Daisy Bassen, Mark Mazzoli, M.G. Martin, Steve Owen, Darren C. Demarree, Calvin Haul, Brittany Ackerman, Makamae Murray, Colin Dodds, Carolyn Martin, J. Tarwood, Mark DeCarteret, and Maura Way.
Prime Number Magazine - January-March 2019 - mag stand
- Linked Title Prime Number Magazine
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 149, January-March 2019
In this issue, find Howard Faerstein’s editor selections in poetry: Eden Bailie, Emily Robidoux, Noel Sloboda, and Robert Schultz. Also in this issue are Virginia Pye’s editor selections in short fiction: Jason Grunspan, Jessica Barksdale, Lois Wolfe, and Victoria Kellawy.
Sleet Magazine - Winter 2018 - mag stand
- Linked Title Sleet Magazine
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Winter 2018
Winter Sleet's special environmental edition hits the stands! If there's one issue close to our sleety hearts, it is the environment. Work by Renee Beauregard Lute, Timothy Pilgrim, Charles Springer and more. Stop by our place for new fiction, poetry, irregulars and CNF, as well as our 2019 Pushcart and Best Small Fiction nominees.
Spoon River Poetry Review - Winter 2018 - mag stand
- Linked Title Spoon River Poetry Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 43 Number 2, Winter 2018
The 2018 Winter Issue of SRPR has been released. In the issue 43.2, you will find: cover art by Camila Marianela; new poems by Angela Narciso Torres, the SRPR Illinois Poet, plus an interview with Joanne Diaz, SRPR Feature Poet & Interview Editor; the winning poem of 2018 Editors' Prize Contest by Mark Svenvold, poem by runner-up David Wright and Chad Foret, and poem of honorable mentions Ed Frankel, Timothy McBride and Lan Duong; poems by Joshua Corey, Sasha Banks, Nichole Goff, Gabriel Ojeda-Sague, and Karen An-Hwei Lee; and the SRPR Review Essay by Brian Rejack, who reviews the works of Dan Beachy-Quick and Eric G. Wilson.
Other Literary Magazines
received January 14, 2019
The American Journal of Poetry - January 2019 - mag stand
- Linked Title The American Journal of Poetry
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 6, January 2019
The American Poetry Review - January/February 2019 - mag stand
- Linked Title The American Poetry Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 48 Number 1, January/February 2019
Belletrist Magazine - Volume 3 - mag stand
- Linked Title Belletrist Magazine
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 3, 2018
Belletrist’s third volume is full of women: a woman embraces a pair of platform boots before discovering a horrifying intrusion, a student blogs about the gentrification of her city as a bigoted troll lurks in the comments, an abused pre-teen stabs a pencil through her tormentor’s hand. Anita Felicelli, Steph Kilen, Khanh Ha, Miho Kinnas, Eric Pankey, and many more.
Chinese Literature Today - Volume 7 Number 2 - mag stand
- Linked Title Chinese Literature Today
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 7 Number 2, 2018
Yu Xiuhua The Body as a Room of Her Own
Gris-Gris - Winter 2019 - mag stand
- Linked Title Gris-Gris
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 9, Winter 2019
Gris-Gris: An Online Journal of Literature, Culture, and the Arts announces its ninth issue (Winter, 2019), featuring our Summer Flash Fiction Contest Winner, Joy Kennedy O’Neill; fiction by Ben Gottlieb, Eleanor Stern, and Nan Wigington; nonfiction by Emilie Staat; poetry by Lois Harrod, Mel Kenne, and William Miller.
IO Literary Journal - November 2018 - mag stand
- Linked Title IO Literary Journal
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 1, November 2018
The Literary Review - Fall 2018 - mag stand
- Linked Title The Literary Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 61 Number 2, Fall 2018
It's All About Understanding
Michigan Quarterly Review - Winter 2019 - mag stand
- Linked Title Michigan Quarterly Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 58 Number 1, Winter 2019
Outcast Magazine - November 2018 - mag stand
- Linked Title Outcast Magazine
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 2, November 2018
Peculiar Mormyrid - Winter 2018 - mag stand
- Linked Title Peculiar Mormyrid
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 8, Winter 2018
The Sewanee Review - Winter 2019 - mag stand
- Linked Title The Sewanee Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 127 Number 1, Winter 2019
Our Winter issue includes new poetry by Ishion Hutchinson, Ange Mlinko, and our 2018 Aiken Taylor Award winner Heather McHugh. Poet-critic Dan Chiasson provides an essay on her work. This issue also features essays by Esmé Weijun Wang, Stephanie Danler (our online feature), and Catherine Lacey, as well as fiction by Cally Fiedorek and Jamil Jan Kochai. The winners of our inaugural Fiction and Poetry Contest, selected by Danielle Evans and Dan Chiasson respectively, also appear.
received January 14, 2019
Feminist Studies - Volume 44 Number 3 - mag stand
- Linked Title Feminist Studies
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 44 Number 3, 2018
In These Times - February 2019 - mag stand
- Linked Title In These Times
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 43 Number 2, February 2019
Sierra Magazine - January/February 2019 - mag stand
- Linked Title Sierra Magazine
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 103 Number 1, January/February 2019
Life on Another Planet
Social Policy - Winter 2018 - mag stand
- Linked Title Social Policy
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 48 Number 4, Winter 2018
Writers Ask - Winter 2019 - mag stand
- Linked Title Writers Ask
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 82, Winter 2019
Last Page Focus: What the World Looks Like to a Hammer, by Bret Anthony Johnston