NewPages Magazine Stand
New Issues of Online & Print
Literary & Alternative Magazines
Sponsor Literary & Alternative Magazines
received November 13, 2017
- American Literary Review - Fall 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title American Literary Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Fall 2017
Featuring new work from Jonathan Diaz, Natalie Giarratano, Laura Kasischke, Cheswayo Mphanza, Pimone Triplett, Susan Kleinman, Ari Moskowitz, BJ Hollars, Ira Sukrungruang, and many more. Plus, featured artwork from Paxton Maroney.
- The Antioch Review - Summer 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title The Antioch Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 75 Number 3, Summer 2017
This issue includes essays about Paul Theroux and "Science Is Not Alternative Medicine" and fiction about "Social Detox" and "Molasses" as well as poetry by prominent (Lorca and Zao) and promising poets. It concludes with "Poetry Today: "'A Heart on the Line': The Poetry of Anthony Rudolf," an autobiographer, poet, literary critic, editor, translator, Chevalier de l’Ordre des Arts et des Lettres and Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature and the English Association.
- The Aurorean - Fall/Winter 2017-2018 - mag stand
- Linked Title The Aurorean
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 22 Issue 2, Fall/Winter 2017-2018
Once again, New England’s Premier Independent Poetry Journal "will fill you up” (as NewPages has said in review) for the seasons at hand. With poetry including haiku from all corners of New England, the United States, as well as Canada, France, and New Zealand, this gorgeous issue is sure to inspire. Featured Poets are Susan Hawkshaw and Gus Peterson. Showcase Poets are Wayne F. Burke, Amy Gordon, Matthew J. Spireng, and David Wyman. Bookend Poets are Joe Bisicchia and Steve Kupferschmid. Other selected contributors include Kelly Cressio-Moeller, Eric Greinke, Ellaraine Lockie, and Sheila Wellehan.
- Black Warrior Review - Fall/Winter 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title Black Warrior Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 44 Number 1, Fall/Winter 2017
Exploring the theme of Regeneration, BWR is proud to feature poetry, fiction, and nonfiction by Ellen Adams, Ana Cristina Alvarez, Annah Browning, Vajra Chandrasekera, Felicia Rose Chavez, Chekwube O. Danladi, Molly Gutman, Paige Lewis, Sabrina Orah Mark, Jac Nelson, Olivia Olsen, Angela Pelster, Miguel Angel Ramirez, Leslie Sainz, Krystal Sanders, sam sax, Jill Schepmann, Alex Terrell, Lena Khalaf Tuffaha, Rebecca Valley, Debbie Vance, L. Vella, C Pam Zhang, as well as a comic by Janelle Garcia, photographs by Farah Al Qasimi, and a poetry chapbook by Aristilde Kirby.
- The Kenyon Review - November/December 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title The Kenyon Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 39 Number 6, November/December 2017
The Nov/Dec 2017 issue include “Cowboys & Aliens” by Kevin Young, an excerpt from his forthcoming book about the great American tradition of the hoax. This issue also includes poems by Pulitzer Prize finalist Diane Seuss, fiction by Vanessa Cuti, Anna Hartford, and Lauren Schenkman, nonfiction by Tyrese L. Coleman, and poems by Marie Étienne (translated by Marilyn Hacker), James Hoch, Alex Lemon, William Logan, Jim Moore, Bruce Smith, Monica Sok, and Analicia Sotelo. It also includes the winning poems of the 2017 Patricia Grodd Poetry Prize for Young Writers by Eileen Huang, Daniel Blokh, and Isabella Victoria.
- The Malahat Review - Autumn 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title The Malahat Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 200, Autumn 2017
The Malahat Review celebrates its fiftieth anniversary with “Victoria Past, Victoria Present, Victoria Future.” To observe this milestone, the magazine devotes this theme issue to the writers living in the city where it was established in 1967. Each genre—poetry, fiction, and creative nonfiction—is represented by local authors. Some, like Emily Carr and P. K. Page, are no longer with us; others, like Lorna Crozier and Philip Kevin Paul, continue mapping out distinguished literary careers; and still others, like Jason Jobin and Julie Paul, belong to a remarkable new generation of writers who call Victoria, in British Columbia, Canada, their home.
- Missouri Review - Fall 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title Missouri Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 40 Number 3, Fall 2017
Our “Local Color” issue features the work of Alethea Black, Stephanie Carpenter, Bettina Drew, Kim Coleman Foote, Kelli Jo Ford, Max Harris, Jeanne Lutz, Josh Myers, Robin Romm, Jack Smith, and Eleanor Swanson.
- Sky Island Journal - Fall 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title Sky Island Journal
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 2, Fall 2017
In this issue, read work by writers from the United States, Australia, Canada, India, and Costa Rica: Vandana Sharma, Tori Grant Wellhouse, Teresa Sutton, Steve Lambert, Stephanie Roberts, Sandy Smith, Sandra Shaw Homer, Sandra J. Lindow, Sally Toner, Rob Cook, Rob Carney, Richard Martin, Noriko Nakada, Mickey May, Michelle McMillan-Holifield, Mary Rogers-Grantham, Linda H.Y. Hegland, Kathy Bailey, Karline Koehler, Kahlan Ruzicka, Julia Travers, Joshua H. Baker, Jim Larson, Jeannie E. Roberts, Jan Chronister, James Mele, Erin Stevens, Emily House, Diane Raven, Diane Cruze, Craig Barker, Connor Drexler, Chaya Bhuvaneswar, Catherine Leonardson, Beth Peterson, and Annie Blake.
- The Tishman Review - October 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title The Tishman Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 3 Number 4, October 2017
The Tishman Review is a quarterly literary journal of short fiction, poetry, art, creative nonfiction, and craft talk: book reviews, interviews with authors and artists, and craft essays. The October 2017 issue deals with themes of aging, love, motherhood, the Holocaust, autumn, and Led Zepplin among others. Contributors also include Cody Kucker, Dom Fonce, Linda Lamenza, Cameron Morse, Ray Keifetz, Rebecca Fishow, Louis Arthur Norton, Y.L. Fein, Diana Clarke, Lisa Lebduska, Megan Dausch, James Scruton, Nicole Yurcaba, Garrison Botts, Mitchell Untch, Jim Gustafson, and others with cover art by Carol Wellart.
- True Story - Issue 13 - mag stand
- Linked Title True Story
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 13, 2017
Issue 13 of True Story features Erica Berry's "Beasts among Us." On a trip to rural Wisconsin, the epicenter of werewolf sightings in the US, Erica Berry searches for the elusive Beast of Bray Road and the local author whose stories have helped keep the legend alive. Do werewolves and other supernatural creatures exist, or do they just haunt our imaginations?
- The Write Place at the Write Time - Autumn/Winter 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title The Write Place at the Write Time
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Autumn/Winter 2017
Autumn-winter is a tender fusion of dark and light. Interviewee Anne Serling acts as guide to the gray dimensions of human nature and emotion through the pages of As I Knew Him: My Dad, Rod Serling. We are introduced to the man who surpassed the myth and imparted iconic, timeless television and films, such as The Twilight Zone and Requiem for a Heavyweight. Merging past and present, we examine society and ourselves. Poetry contemplates loss and seasonal surrender. Fiction shows starkly contrasting responses to adversity and salvation in kindnesses. Non-fiction tells of travel, peace, and discovery. Writers' Challenge will benefit hurricane relief efforts (deadline 11/20).
Other Literary Magazines
received November 13, 2017
- Arc Poetry Magazine - Fall 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title Arc Poetry Magazine
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Number 84, Fall 2017
Oh Canada, We Have Issues. How to be a fellow traveller with Gail Scott. Katherena Vermette wants to be buried at Batoche.
- december - Fall/Winter 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title december
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 28 Number 2, Fall/Winter 2017
- Futures Trading - November 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title Futures Trading
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 5 Number 3, November 2017
Futures Trading 5.3 is now available. The issue features Jim Zola, Aaron Kent, j4, Lowell Jaeger, Marc Carver, Joe Balaz, Mark Wyatt, Simon Perchik, J. Marcus Weekley, Sanjeev Sethi, Patrick Erickson, Willie Smith, Jeff Bagato, Salvatore Difalco, and James Fowler.
- The Healing Muse - Fall 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title The Healing Muse
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 17 Number 1, Fall 2017
- Image - Fall 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title Image
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Number 94, Fall 2017
Flannery O'Connor's College Journal
- The Midwest Quarterly - Autumn 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title The Midwest Quarterly
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 59 Number 1, Autumn 2017
received November 13, 2017
- The American Book Review - May/June 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title The American Book Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 38 Number 4, May/June 2017
Writers People Love to Hate