NewPages Magazine Stand
New Issues of Online & Print
Literary & Alternative Magazines
Sponsor Literary & Alternative Magazines
received November 20, 2017
- The Cincinnati Review - Winter 2018 - mag stand
- Linked Title The Cincinnati Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 14 Number 2, Winter 2018
Featuring fiction by Lindsey Drager, Siân Griffiths, and Yxta Maya Murray; literary nonfiction by Sonja Livingston and Floyd Skloot; poetry by Dan Beachy-Quick, Bruce Bond, Marianne Boruch, Eric Pankey, Alison Pelegrin, Jason Sommer, Brian Tierney, and G. C. Waldrep; an art portfolio by Mary Jo Karimnia; translations of Chinese poet Shen Haobo; and reviews of short-story and poetry collections by emerging writers.
- The Common - Fall 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title The Common
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 14, Fall 2017
Issue 14 includes essays about an abandoned mining town in British Columbia, and Portugal’s decriminalization of drugs. Short stories set in Alaska, Australia, Ohio, and Siberia. Poetry by John Freeman, Vievee Francis, Daniel Lawless, Matt Salyer, Nicholas Friedman, James Hoch, L.S. Klatt, Maria Terrone, Colin Channer, Daniel Tobin, Lawrence Raab, Mariam Williams, Fatimah Asghar, Loren Goodman, Mik Awake, Steve Barbaro, Alison Prine, Scott Laughlin, and Nausheen Eusuf. Fiction by LaShonda Katrice Barnett, Josephine Rowe, Adam Padgett, Kirstin Allio, Kenan Orhan, and Michael Byers. Nonfiction by Megan Mayhew Bergman, Susana Ferreira, Anya Ventura, and Will Preston. Art by Michael Mazur.
- The Fiddlehead - Autumn 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title The Fiddlehead
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Number 273, Autumn 2017
Celebrating the publication of the Collected Poems of Alden Nowlan, the issue opens with a brief appreciation of Nowlan’s poetry by New Brunswick author (and Canada’s newest senator), David Adam Richards. Then comes a previously unpublished Nowlan interview, given just before his death in 1983. You’ll also find book reviews, along with new short fiction and poetry from Darren Bifford, Hugh Graham, David Huebert, Jim Johnstone, Katrina Naomi, Laura Ritland, Andrea Routley, Bardia Sinaee, Carmelinda Scian, Tina Silver, Tony Robinson-Smith, Douglas Burnett Smith, Brent van Staalduinen, and Paul Vermeersch. Cover art from “Kit 1” by Jessie Babin.
- FIELD - Fall 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title FIELD
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Number 97, Fall 2017
The new issue features a symposium on the work of Nancy Willard, with essays by Lee Upton, Cynthia Hogue, Dore Kiesselbach, Martha Collins, Sarah Green, and Dennis Schmitz, and poems by Kevin Prufer, Mary Ann Samyn, Sam Ross, Wayne Miller, Jennifer Atkinson, Timothy O'Keefe, Betsy Sholl, Kirsten Abel, Elton Glaser, Claudia Serea, Analicia Sotelo, Michael Teig, Ralph Burns, Bern Mulvey, David Hernandez, Emily Skaja, Christopher Howell, Nancy Eimers, Karen Rigby, and Angie Estes, among many others.
- The MacGuffin - Fall 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title The MacGuffin
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 33 Number 3, Fall 2017
The Fall 2017 issue of The MacGuffin appears as a postcard from Michigan, it’s cover bearing a photo of the Upper Peninsula’s Big Bay Lighthouse, captured by Michigan’s own Monte Nagler. However, this issue features work outside of our home-state as well, from as close as Wisconsin—see B.J. Best’s one-pager on stuffed animal surgery on p. 73—and as far as Ukraine—Anastasiya Chuleyda’s narrative of a down-on-her-luck nurse. Rounding out this issue are poets new to our pages, with four poems from Jane Costain and two by both Frances Mac and Dan MacIsaac, among others.
- The Main Street Rag - Fall 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title The Main Street Rag
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 22 Number 4, Fall 2017
In the Fall 2017 issue, Mimi Herman interviews singer/songwriter Scott Ainslie. In fiction: Jayne Bowers, Robert Morris Kennedy, Dennis Bormann, and Holly Lopez. In poetry: Ace Boggess, Cathryn Essinger, Bob Howe, Brady Gilliam, Carol Hamilton, Erren Kelly, Raymond Luczak, Devon Miller-Duggan, Cleo Griffith, Robert Okaji, Sergio A. Ortiz, Angela Ramos, Jonathan K. Rice, David Rigsby, Joyce Wilson, Eric Weil, and more. In the Blue Pages: reviews by nine writers.
Other Literary Magazines
received November 20, 2017
- Chtenia - Fall 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title Chtenia
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 40, Fall 2017
The final (ever) issue of our quarterly literary journal takes on the season of autumn, and how it has appeared throughout Russian literature.
- Denver Quarterly - Volume 52 Number 1 - mag stand
- Linked Title Denver Quarterly
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 52 Number 1, 2017
- Image - Fall 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title Image
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Number 94, Fall 2017
The Fall 2017 issue of Image (issue #94) features a never-before-published journal kept by Flannery O’Connor as a college student, as well as fiction, poetry, essays, interviews and reviews on art and faith.
- Inch - Summer 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title Inch
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 34, Summer 2017
- Jersey Devil Press - November 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title Jersey Devil Press
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 95, November 2017
Issue 95 is here to keep you entertained. Dig into Kelsey Englert's "Take Me," play checkers "After Lunch" with Daniel Warner, have an absurd chat about "Kafka in Paradise" courtesy of Tushar Jain, and the pockets of your subconscious picked by Tara Campbell's "The birds are stealing my dreams." Finally, let Jonny Lindner beam you up with cover art, "UFO."
received November 20, 2017