NewPages Magazine Stand
New Issues of Online & Print
Literary & Alternative Magazines
Sponsor Literary & Alternative Magazines
received June 26, 2017
- Big Muddy - Volume 17 Number 1 - mag stand
- Linked Title Big Muddy
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 17 Number 1, 2017
In this issue, find the winner of the Mighty River Short Story Contest, Jeremy Griffin with “In the Jungle” and the winner of the Wilda Hearne Flash Fiction Contest, Shannon Sweetnam with “Frayed Cords and Pink Underwear.” In fiction: Jessica Fokken, Jeff Ewing, Phil Estes, and more; poetry by Jeanne Emmons, Terry Savoie, Bill Brown, Nancy Mitchell, Charlotte Covey, Kathryn Merwin, and more; and essays by Jera Brown, Anahi Molina, Juliana Kruis, and Mickey Heath Boji. Plus, six book reviews and cover art by Matthew Austin.
- Brick - Summer 2017
- Linked Title Brick
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 99, Summer 2017
In Brick 99, you’ll find the latest from Don DeLillo, Pura López Colomé, Shailja Patel, and Johanna Skibsrud. Our Summer 2017 issue also features a conversation with Viet Thanh Nguyen, poetry by Natalie Shapero and Yusuf Saadi, a portfolio of Kent Monkman’s decolonizing artwork, and fiction in translation by Antonio Di Benedetto. Erica Johnson Debeljak goes on her first journeys as a widow; Mustapha Safadieh remembers a firefight in Abra; Mark Anthony Jarman rescues a Croatian Madonna; Valerie Miles charts Bolaño’s America; Joni Murphy seeks a new language for memorials; and Janet Hong dives with the haenyeo.
- The Cape Rock - Volume 45 Number 1 - mag stand
- Linked Title The Cape Rock
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 45 Number 1, 2017
In the latest issue of The Cape Rock, find poetry by Sara Yetto, Kimo Armitage, Gina Marie Bernard, John Dorsey, Samir F. Atassi, Jim Zola, Jeff Gundy, Robert Lee Kendrick, Charlene Langfur, Robert Parham, Ana Prundaru, Nikol Roubidoux, Rebecca Schumejda, Elizabeth Underwood, Tushar Jain, Sara Wallace, David Starkey, and many more.
- Foundry - June 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title Foundry
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 4, June 2017
The fourth issue of Foundry features cover art by Yolanda del Amo. In writing, find poetry by Maureen Alsop, Elisa Gonzalez, Emma Bolden, Bo Schwabacher, Michelle Lin, and more. Poetry by Brionne Janae, John Allen Taylor, and Cynthia Manick are also found in the issue, the three poets later answering five questions in conversation.
- Hanging Loose - 108, 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title Hanging Loose
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 108, 2017
Issue 108 features an art portfolio by Anna Mikolowski and exciting new work from Indran Amirthanayagam, Jack Anderson, Bill Christophersen, Kurt Cole Eidsvig, Christien Gholson, David Lehman, Charles North, D. Nurkse, Simon Perchik, John Oliver Simon, Keri Smith, Terence Winch, Avra Wing, Yolanda Wisher, and many more, including our regular section of wonderful high school writing.
- The Louisville Review - Spring 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title The Louisville Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Number 81, Spring 2017
Continuing to celebrate our 40th anniversary, the spring issue features poetry, fiction, nonfiction, drama, and writing for children chosen by editors under the age of 40. Contributions by writers such as Chelsea Dingman, Alan Chazaro, Jerelle Kraus, Hannah Rego, Ricardo Soltero-Brown, Jonathan Weinert, and many others.
- Paterson Literary Review - 2017/2018 - mag stand
- Linked Title Paterson Literary Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 45, 2017-2018
The latest issue of the Paterson Literary Review is #45 (2017) and its 356 pages includes work by Jan Beatty, Martin Espada, Jim Haba, Joe Weil, Laura Boss, Marge Piercy and many others. As always, the issue includes the winning and honorable mention poems for that year's Allen Ginsberg Poetry Award.
- Posit - June 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title Posit
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 14, June 2017
In this issue, find poetry and prose by Stephanie Berger, Lydia Davis, Tongo Eisen-Martin, Joanna Fuhrman, Kevin McLellan, Joe Milazzo, Rajiv Mohabir, Debasis Mukhopadhyay, Sarah Riggs, Lynn Schmeidler, Maureen Seaton, and Stu Watson. Visual art by Malala Andrialavidrazana, Lorrie Fredette, Brenda Goodman, Ruben Natal-San Miguel, and Jill Parisi.
- Ruminate - Summer 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title Ruminate
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 43, Summer 2017
Life is full of open and closed doors—those moments when we did or didn't extend kindness to ourselves, to friends, to family, or to strangers. In this issue, we explore these opened and closed doors, learning through honest storytelling and art about crossing the threshold and how opening the door is a small but profound step toward kindness and hospitality. Featuring the 2017 VanderMey Nonfiction Prize recipient Sonja Livingston, awarded by judge Josh MacIvor-Andersen.
- Salamander - Spring/Summer 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title Salamander
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Number 44, Summer 2017
Issue #44 includes poetry by Moira Linehan, Frank Ormsby, Jessica Greenbaum, Matthew Dulany, George Franklin, Ovidio Reyes, David Ishaya Osu, Jeffrey Harrison, Betsy Sholl, Jacqueline Lyons, Yves Bonnefoy, and many others; fiction by Mary Crawford, James Winter, Steve Trumpeter, and Becky Hagenston; nonfiction by Marsha Pomerantz; and four reviews.
- The Southampton Review - Summer/Fall 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title The Southampton Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 11 Number 2, Summer/Fall 2017
The 10th anniversary issue of TSR features poems by Billy Collins, Linda Pastan, Shelley Wong, Carl Phillips, and others; fiction by authors including Meg Wolitzer, Tiphanie Yanique, Julia Alvarez, and Olabajo Dada; nonfiction by the Frank McCourt Memoir Prize Winners Suzy Vitello and Sarah Cadorette; and art by Clio Newton, Jacob Cooley, and Will Wilson. Go to our website to preview the issue.
Other Literary Magazines
received June 26, 2017
- The Blueshift Journal - Spring 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title The Blueshift Journal
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 7, Spring 2017
- Bomb Magazine - Summer 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title Bomb Magazine
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Number 140, Summer 2017
- Ecotone - Spring/Summer 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title Ecotone
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Number 23, Spring/Summer 2017
- Edify Fiction - June 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title Edify Fiction
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 1 Issue 3, June 2017
- Emrys Journal - 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title Emrys Journal
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 34, 2017
- Event - Spring/Summer 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title Event
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 46 Number 1, Spring/Summer 2017
Notes on Writing Issue
- Five Points - Volume 18 Number 1 - mag stand
- Linked Title Five Points
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 18 Number 1, 2017
- GreenPrints - Summer 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title GreenPrints
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Number 110, Summer 2017
- The Hollins Critic - June 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title Hollins Critic
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 54 Number 3, June 2017
Thomas McGonigle: A Lineage of Literary Intimidation
- Ibbetson Street - June 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title Ibbetson Street
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Number 41, June 2017
In this issue, Doug Holder interviews poet Joyce Peseroff about her work and friendship with Jane Kenyon and Donald Hall, as well as her experience with Alice James Books. There is poetry by Marge Piercy, Ted Kooser, Kathleen Spivack, Brendan Galvin, and others.
- Jersey Devil Press - June 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title Jersey Devil Press
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date June 2017
Our 90th issue has art crimes of the future, poems that do yet don’t add up, an aspiring Western hero, and a flaming car in reverse. Also, a great cover photograph by John Sable with body paint by Dawn Marie Harms-Svanoe.
- Modern Haiku - Summer 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title Modern Haiku
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 48 Number 2, Summer 2017
- Moss - Summer 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title Moss
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 7, Summer 2017
Our Summer issue features writing from Tara Roberts, Richard Chiem, Amber Krieger, and Kate Lebo; an interview with Emily Ruskovich; and, for the first time ever, poetry (!) from Laura Da', Azura Tyabji, and Troy Osaki (selected by one of our fantastic new poetry editors, Dujie Tahat).
- One Person's Trash - Issue 1 - mag stand
- Linked Title One Person's Trash
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 1, 2017
One Person's Trash launched on May 22nd publishing prose and poetry on homelessness in cheaply made chapbook size journals. About 200 were sold throughout Tacoma WA by panhandlers with them keeping the proceeds. Writers include Seth Ruderman, Dah, Tricia Knoll, Phillip Larrea, Elle Mott, Ahrend Torrey and more.
- Redactions: Poetry, Poetics, & Prose - 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title Redactions: Poetry, Poetics, & Prose
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 21, 2017
- Subtropics - Spring/Summer 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title Subtropics
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 23, Spring/Summer 2017
- Tampa Review - Issue 54 - mag stand
- Linked Title Tampa Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 54, 2017
- Territory - Issue 5 - mag stand
- Linked Title Territory
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 5, June 2017
Treasure issue with writing, comics, and other gems from Tamas Dobozy, Theo Ellsworth, Albert Goldbarth, Geetha Iyer, Chris Knapp, Ruth Madievsky, Tony Mancus, Lucy Schiller, Michael Sheehan, Beth Steidle, Joni Tevis, Matthew Vollmer, and Adam Tipps Weinstein.
- Tin House - Summer 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title Tin House
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 18 Number 4, Summer 2017
received June 26, 2017
- In These Times - July 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title In These Times
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 41 Number 7, July 2017
Rage Against the Democratic Machine: A revolt from the left seeks to take control of the party and banish big money, state by state.
- The Nation - June 19/26 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title The Nation
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 304 Number 18, June 19/26 2017
Spring Books 2017
- Our Times - Spring 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title Our Times
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Spring 2017
Times Change: Getting Down to Work with a Women's Employment Collective
- Whispering Wind Magazine - Volume 45 Number 3 - mag stand
- Linked Title Whispering Wind Magazine
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 45 Number 3, 2017
- Writers Ask - Summer 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title Writers Ask
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 76, Summer 2017
Point of View. Editing and Revision. Writers Reading. Considering the Reader. Last Page Focus: Smash the Blasted Scales by Julian Zabalbeascoa