- Item View Image:
About this Magazine:
Lucky Jefferson is an award-winning literary journal that generates interactive conversations around poetry and art by reforming the way journals are produced and shared with readers. Lucky Jefferson is proud to feature poets who have never been published, marginalized perspectives, and those who sought to pursue poetry later in life.
- Editor(s): NaBeela Washington, Brandon McWilliams, Abigail Lopez
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: luckyjefferson.com
- Facebook: Facebook
- Twitter: Twitter
- Instagram: Instagram
- Format: Online, Print
- Genres: Art, Audio, Comics, Cross-Genre, Fiction, Interviews, Nonfiction, Photography, Poetry
- Simultaneous Submissions: yes (with notice)
- Postal Submissions: no
- Email Submissions: yes (see website)
- Online Submissions: yes (via Submittable)
- Reading Period: year-round
- Response Time: 4-7 weeks
- Payment: yes (see website)
- Contests: yes (see website)
- Founded: 2018
- Issues Per Year: 4 print; 6 to 8 digital
Publisher’s description: Founded in 2018, Lucky Jefferson is an award-winning literary journal that confronts the challenges poets face as they seek publication and exposure. Readers can expect literature that highlights refreshing contemporary perspectives and promotes cultural diversity while fostering inclusive creativity.
Lucky Jefferson isn't your typical literary journal—we generate constructive and interactive conversations around poetry, flash fiction, hybrid forms, art, and publishing by redefining the way journals are produced and shared with readers and writers.
We are proud to feature poets who have never been published, marginalized perspectives, and those who sought to pursue poetry and writing later in life; we enjoy creating space for budding writers to build an audience and confidence in their work. You can enjoy our publications quarterly or three-four times a year.
Find more great literary magazines at the NewPages Guide to Lit Mags.