- Item View Image:
- The Undergraduate Literary Magazine at the University of Houston
About this Magazine:
Glass Mountain, an international student-run literary magazine, accepts submissions all year. We publish an online journal, twice annually. We feature work by emerging writers only—not writers who have attended graduate courses in creative writing. Each May we host Boldface: A Conference for Emerging Writers, at the University of Houston.
- Editor(s): Emma Allbright
- Organization (if applicable): University of Houston
- Address 1: Department of English
- Address 2: Roy Cullen Rm 205
- City: Houston
- State Code: TX
- Postal Code: 77204
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: glassmountainmag.com
- Facebook: Facebook
- Twitter: Twitter
- Instagram: Instagram
- Format: Online
- Genres: Art, Fiction, Interviews, Nonfiction, Photography, Poetry, Reviews
- Copy Price: Free
- Simultaneous Submissions: yes (see website)
- Postal Submissions: no
- Email Submissions: no
- Online Submissions: yes (via Submittable)
- Payment: no
- Contests: yes (see website)
- Founded: 2007
- Issues Per Year: 2
Publisher’s description: Glass Mountain is the undergraduate literary magazine at the University of Houston, publishing poetry, prose, art, essays, reviews, and interviews. We began in 2007 with a mission to support emerging writers, and have been growing ever since. We publish our volumes twice annually. Glass Mountain recently made the transition from a print to an online magazine–and we are happy to now offer our volumes on our website for free.
Glass Mountain also hosts several prizes, such as the Robertson Prize in the fall and the Poetry and Prose Prize in the spring. Every summer, we host the Boldface Conference for Emerging Writers–a weeklong conference designed to serve writers on every level.
Find more great literary magazines at the NewPages Guide to Lit Mags.