The Florida Review
- Item View Image:
About this Magazine:
The Florida Review publishes innovative fiction, nonfiction, poetry, reviews, graphic narrative, digital stories, and visual art by established and emerging writers in print and online.
- Editor(s): Peter Kispert, Ken Hart, Victoria Campbell, Mike Shier, Nathan Holic
- Organization (if applicable):
- Address 1: University of Central Florida
- Address 2: English Department
- Address 3: 4000 Central Florida Blvd.
- City: Orlando
- State Code: FL
- Postal Code: 32816
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: floridareview.cah.ucf.edu
- Facebook: Facebook
- Twitter: Twitter
- Blog: Instagram
- Format: Online, Print
- Genres: Art, Comics, Fiction, Interviews, Nonfiction, Poetry, Reviews
- Sample (Postpaid): $10
- Copy Price: $8
- Simultaneous Submissions: yes (with notice)
- Postal Submissions: no
- Email Submissions: no
- Online Submissions: yes (see website)
- Subscription (individuals): $15
- Subscription (institutions): $20
- Reading Period: year-round
- Response Time: 4-6 months
- Payment: copies
- Contests: yes (see website)
- ISSN: 0742-2466
- Founded: 1975
- Issues Per Year: 2
Publisher’s Description: For over thirty-five years, The Florida Review has published quality fiction, nonfiction, graphic narrative, poetry, interviews, and reviews from established and emerging writers. Recent issues include work from Billy Collins, David Huddle, Denise Duhamel, Tony Hoagland, Alex Lemon, Steven Harvey, Maureen Stanton, and Terese Svoboda. Our pages have also featured fiction, poetry, interviews, and essays by such internationally renowned writers as Margaret Atwood, Bob Shacochis, Stephen Dixon, Grace Paley, Lorrie Moore, Mark Doty, Tobias Wolff, David Foster Wallace, Tony Early and Virgil Suárez.
The Florida Review has been listed in Writer's Digest's “Fiction Fifty,” and creative pieces first printed in our magazine have been reprinted and awarded “special mention” in The Pushcart Prizes: Best of the Small Presses and several of the Best American collections.
The Florida Review is published twice annually, Spring and Fall. Our annual Editors' Awards contest is held each Winter/Spring and awarded and published the following Spring. Awards of $1000 are given in fiction, creative nonfiction, and poetry. We also sponsor the annual Jeanne Leiby Memorial Chapbook Award in fiction, nonfiction, or graphic narrative with a December 30 deadline; first prize includes $1000 and publication.
The Florida Review has launched an online literary supplement called Aquifer which publishes fiction, creative nonfiction, poetry, graphic narrative, digital stories, and visual art.
Find more great literary magazines at the NewPages Guide to Lit Mags.