The First Line
- Item View Image:
About this Magazine:
The First Line is unaffiliated, unfunded, unassuming, and far from uninspiring, and as we enter our third decade, we want to continue to encourage writers to entertain and even enlighten. So, if you are ever stuck staring at the blank page, give our starters a shot. We are a writer’s journal for readers.
- Editor(s): David LaBounty
- Organization (if applicable): Blue Cubicle Press
- Address 1: P.O. Box 250382
- City: Plano
- State Code: TX
- Postal Code: 75025-0382
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: www.thefirstline.com
- Facebook: Facebook
- Format: E-pub, Print
- Genres: Fiction, Nonfiction
- Sample (Postpaid): $6
- Copy Price: $6 (print); $3 (digital)
- Simultaneous Submissions: no
- Postal Submissions: yes
- Email Submissions: yes (see website)
- Online Submissions: no
- Subscription (individuals): $20 (print); $6 (digital)
- Subscription (institutions): $20 (print)
- Reading Period: year-round
- Response Time: 3-4 weeks after end of submission period
- Payment: yes (see website)
- Contests: no
- ISSN: 1525-9382
- Founded: 1999
- Issues Per Year: 4
Publisher’s description: The First Line was created as an alternative to the staid literary fare of the last century, a place where little-known and beginning writers could come and share their experiments. Over time, our dedication to writers and our quirky sensibility have gained us a loyal following.
As we enter our twenty-first year, we want to continue to inspire writers to entertain and even enlighten. So, if you are ever stuck staring at the blank page, give our starters a shot. Then submit. For it's readers we have and writers we want.
Find more great literary magazines at the NewPages Guide to Lit Mags.