- Item View Image:
About this Magazine:
Cave Wall publishes the finest poetry written by today's established and emerging poets. Each issue publishes black and white art by one artist, as well.
- Editor(s): Rhett Trull, Jeff Trull, Michael Boccardo
- Organization (if applicable): Cave Wall Press
- Address 1: P.O. Box 29546
- City: Greensboro
- State Code: NC
- Postal Code: 27429-9546
- Email: [email protected]
- Website: www.cavewallpress.com
- Facebook: Facebook
- Format: Print
- Genres: Art, Poetry, Translations
- Sample (Postpaid): $7
- Copy Price: $7
- Simultaneous Submissions: yes (with notice)
- Postal Submissions: yes
- Email Submissions: no
- Online Submissions: no
- Subscription (individuals): $14
- Subscription (institutions): $14
- Reading Period: varies (see website)
- Response Time: 2-6 months
- Payment: no
- Contests: yes (see website)
- ISSN: 1937-2507
- Founded: 2007
Publisher’s description: At Cave Wall we publish poetry that moves us, poems with a strong voice, poems rich in music and imagery. Poems we have published have placed in Best American Poetry and Pushcart Prize anthologies. Cave Wall also publishes several pages of black and white art by a single artist in each issue.
Recent contributors include Dan Albergotti, Sandra Beasley, Nickole Brown, Kelly Cherry, Jennifer Grotz, David Hernandez, Jessica Jacobs, Nathan McClain, Judson Mitcham, Maxine Scates, Molly Spencer, and Cecelia Woloch.
We have open reading periods once or twice a year. Poems are read blind and we try to comment on as many as we can.
“Cave Wall reminds me of why I started writing poetry in the first place,” writes Natasha Trethewey. Basically, we love to fall in love with a poem and then share it with the world.
Find more great literary magazines at the NewPages Guide to Lit Mags.