FAU, which has the most diverse student body in the state of Florida, is located just minutes from the beach, a half-hour drive from Fort Lauderdale, and an hour from Miami. While enrolled in the program, students have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of visiting writers of national renown. (Recent visitors include Tayari Jones, Nick Flynn, Jo Ann Beard, and Eula Biss.) Other opportunities include:
- Teaching creative writing in the community
- For-credit internships in publishing, educational outreach, and local arts organizations
- Summer travel and research money
- Working on our two literary journals
- Mentoring undergraduate creative writing students
- Working in our Advanced Media Production lab
GTA positions are available, as well as opportunities to work in the Writing Center and in other positions on campus.