NewPages Magazine Stand
New Issues of Online & Print
Literary & Alternative Magazines
Sponsor Literary & Alternative Magazines
received January 26, 2015
The Antioch Review - Volume 73 Number 1, Winter 2015
With the theme of encounters, our winter issue highlights one involving a close up view by Ralph Keyes about his mother, a steady smoker; Ken Bode’s initial encounter with Jerry Springer branches out into a Louisiana political story; and a young student’s efforts to meet with J. R. R. Tolkien after she put his words to song. Both our poetry and short fiction sections feature work of several newcomers to our pages.
- Linked Title The Antioch Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 73 Number 1, Winter 2015
The Carolina Quarterly - Volume 64 Number 2, Winter 2014
The Winter 2014 issues features kidnappers and heartbreakers, dark skies and eventides, plus ghosts, gardens, and snow angels. With work by Ian Banssingthwaighte, Tyson Duffy, Gregg Murray, Monica Barengo, Kerry James Evans, Lora Northway, Christine Kaiser Bonasso, Maggie Gerrity, Dominic Russ-Combs, Scott Brennan LA Johnson, Michelle Turner, and much more!
- Linked Title The Carolina Quarterly
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 64 Number 2, Winter 2014
Hanging Loose - 104, 2014
This issue features new work from Jack Anderson, Bill Christophersen, Michael Cirelli, Gerald Fleming, Ed Friedman, Christien Gholson, David Kirby, Michael Lally, Sharon Mesmer, D. Nurkse, Barbara Ann Porte, Keith Taylor, Tony Towle, and Terence Winch, among many others.
- Linked Title Hanging Loose
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Number 104, 2014
Hayden's Ferry Review - Volume 55, Fall/Winter 2014
The Fall/Winter issue of Hayden’s Ferry Review features work by Kevin Phan, Cody Ernst, Chris Hutchinson, John C. Bennett, Lucien Darjeun Meadows, Len Krisak, Michael Homolka, Michael Meyerhofer, T.N. Turner, Carol V. Davis, Ben Purkert, Jim Natal, Jeanne Wagner, Shawn Fawson, Misha Rai, CJ Evans, Norman Dubie, and many more.
- Linked Title Hayden's Ferry Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 55, Fall/Winter 2014
The Iowa Review - Volume 44 Number 3, Winter 2014/15
Dining in the city of wolfmen, when I was King of the 1980s, Britney Spears girls in Bombay, a happy ending for an unhappy housewife, the wonder of bodies, the misery of bodies, The Best Sports Photo of the Century, "spaz attacks," and I'm the onliest one you need. Plus, a collection of critical essays on avant-garde media studies.
- Linked Title The Iowa Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 44 Number 3, Winter 2014/15
New England Review - Volume 35 Number 4, 2015
This new issue—introducing poetry editor Rick Barot—presents an unforgettable selection of fiction, essays, poems, and translations. Essays examine Neil Young’s guitar playing, 19th-century Native American rights advocate William Apess, the streets of Lisbon, and ways in which one’s past can’t be crossed out. A selection of letters by Norman Mailer reveals his readerly preoccupations, and an essay by Elizabeth Kadetsky attempts to trace the broken link to her family’s imagined forebear, Ambroise Paré. A dozen poets make their NER debut in this issue, among them Joan Larkin, Arthur Sze, and Eleanor Wilner, along with fiction writers Susan Engberg and Allegra Hyde. Also, an account of a dog’s last days by Polish author Andrzej Stasiuk, translated by Bill Johnston.
- Linked Title New England Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 35 Number 4, Winter 2015
Plume - Issue 42, January 2015
This issue of Plume features poetry by Shamshad Abdullaev translated by Alex Cigale, Ciaran Berry, Steve Bradbury, Dorothy Chan, Andrée Chedid translated by Marci Vogel, Bruce Cohen, Billy Collins, Alice Derry, Alicia Ostriker, Clare Rossini, Grace Schulman, Hsia Yü translated by Steve Bradbury, and Daniel Bourne Tadeusz Dziewanowski with cover art by Anne Graaff.
- Linked Title Plume
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 42, January 2015
Spoon River Poetry Review - Volume 39 Number 2, Winter 2014
Guest-Editor, Summer Qabazard, delivers one of SRPR’s most dynamic issues to date. 39.2 includes cover art by the talented paper, book, and installation artist, Melissa Jay Craig; new poems by Emma Bolden (Winner, 2014 SRPR Editors’ Prize Contest), J. Wertheim-Soen, L. Knight, Ching-In Chen, Alec Finlay, R. Trousdale, M. Joyce, F. Harris, among many others; new work by SRPR Feature Poet, Jacob Saenz; an extended interview with Jacob by Joanne Diaz (SRPR Feature Poet & Interview Editor); and Robert Archambeau’s whip-smart review of R.S. Gwynn’s Dogwatch, Michael Robbins’ The Second Sex, Amanda Smeltz’s Imperial Bender, and Ben Mazer’s New Poems.
- Linked Title Spoon River Poetry Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 39 Number 2, Winter 2014
Other Literary Magazines
received January 26, 2015
Blue Collar Review - Volume 18 Issue 1, Fall 2014
- Linked Title Blue Collar Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 18 Issue 1, Fall 2014
Brevity - Issue 48, January 2015
- Linked Title Brevity
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 48, January 2015
Chtenia - Volume 29, Winter 2014
This issue of Chtenia looks at what it meant to be a conscientious writer in the Soviet Union, and Leningrad in particular. The pieces are full of poignant memories, insightful humor and powerful emotions. Almost all of the works in this issue are translated into English for the first time, and many of the authors have never before been translated into English.
- Linked Title Chtenia
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 29, Winter 2014
Denver Quarterly - Volume 49 Number 2, 2015
- Linked Title Denver Quarterly
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 49 Number 2, 2015
Literary Mama - January 2015
- Linked Title Literary Mama
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date January 2015
The Literary Review - Volume 57 Number 4, Fall 2014
Women's Studies: Not by the book
- Linked Title The Literary Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 57 Number 4, Fall 2014
Smoking Glue Gun - Volume 12
Writing by Isabel Sobral Campos, Kristina Marie Darling, Patrick Dundon, Daniel Grammar, Alen Hamza, Joshua R. Helms, Katie Hibner, Drew Kalbach, Seth Oelbaum, Haley Rene Thompson & Angela Veronica Wong. Photography by Beth Kleinpeter.
- Linked Title Smoking Glue Gun
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 12
Sou'wester - Volume 43 Number 1, Fall 2014
- Linked Title Sou'wester
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 43 Number 1, Fall 2014
Transference - Volume 2, Fall 2014
- Linked Title Transference
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 2, Fall 2014
received January 26, 2015
The American Book Review - Volume 35 Number 6, September/October 2014
"The Color of Children's Literature" with focus editor Charles Johnson
- Linked Title The American Book Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 35 Number 6, September/October 2014
In These Times - Volume 39 Number 2, February 2015
How to Sell off a City
- Linked Title In These Times
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 39 Number 2, February 2015