NewPages Magazine Stand
New Issues of Online & Print
Literary & Alternative Magazines
Sponsor Literary & Alternative Magazines
received January 23, 2017
- Bennington Review - Fall/Winter 2016 - mag stand
- Linked Title Bennington Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 2, Fall/Winter 2016
Our new issue preoccupies itself with misbegotten youth. Exploring this theme in fiction are Evan Lavender-Smith, Shane Jones, Deb Olin Unferth, Keya Mitra, and more; nonfiction by James Allen Hall, Cynthia Cruz, and LaTanya McQueen; a look at film by J.M. Tyree; and in poetry Magdalena Zurawski, Liz Countryman, Alex Dimitrov, Kelle Groom, Jane Wong, Erica Dawson, Ryo Yamaguchi, Khaty Xiong, Kate Colby, Craig Morgan Teicher. Claire Schwartz interviews poet Arcelis Girmay.
- Brevity - January 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title Brevity
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 54, January 2017
Our January 2017 issue looks at typos, teeth, Toledo, lunch lady arms, and Einstein’s theory of time and space, featuring fine flash nonfiction from Brenda Miller, Daisy Hernández, Sonya Huber, Sean Lovelace, Beth Ann Fennelly, Lucinda Roy, Jill Talbot, Sean Thomas Dougherty, Lori Jakiela, Elizabeth K. Brown, Paula Cisewski, Charlotte Gullick, Eleanor Stanford, Allegra Hyde, Michele Morano, David Naimon, Staci Greason, and Maya Jewell Zeller. Original artwork by Allison Dalton. In our craft section, Brandon R. Schrand considers our ability to equivocate artfully in the essay, Peter Selgin examines the need to resist total seduction by sounds and surfaces, and Rachel Tolliver and M. Sausun discuss nonfiction and social justice.
- Chagrin River Review - Fall 2016 - mag stand
- Linked Title Chagrin River Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 9, Fall 2016
Check out our newest issue! Poetry: Jamie Samdahl, Lee Anne Gallaway-Mitchell, Chris Abbate, Grace Curtis, Anna Kelley, and Douglas Jones. Fiction: Jacqueline Masumian and Mike Fiorito. Kudos to Michael Kinkopf for the great cover image as well
- The Fiddlehead - Winter 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title The Fiddlehead
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Number 270, Winter 2017
Curl up in a cozy chair with The Fiddlehead’s Winter 2017 issue and discover exciting new poems from Simon Armitage, Jan Conn, David Hickey, Cellan Jay, Sonnet L’Abbé, M. Travis Lane, Steve McOrmond, Richard Sanger, Kevin Shaw, Adma Sol, Matthew Tierney, Kim Trainor and wonderful new fiction from David Carpenter, Charlie Fiset, Jasmina Oder, Darryl Whetter, and David Clerson (translated by Katia Grubisic). There are also book reviews and the cover features Ann Manuel’s “Blur” of ballerinas.
- Poetry - February 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title Poetry
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 209 Number 5, February 2017
In this issue, find a selection of Golden Shovel poems by Tracy K. Smith, Diane Seuss, Fanny Howe, Philip Levine, Danez Smith, Rita Dove, Sharon Olds, Malika Booker, Nick Flynn, Joy Harjo, and more. Other poets in this issue include Wendy Xu, Tom Pickard, Kathleen Rooney, Jane Hirshfield, Honor Moore, and more. In commentary: Vidyan Ravinthiran and Donald Revell.
- Seneca Review - Fall 2016 - mag stand
- Linked Title Seneca Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 46 Number 2, Fall 2016
The Fall 2016 issue of Seneca Review is a book of poems, Deborah Tall’s final collection, Afterings. Deborah Tall edited Seneca Review for twenty-five years, until 2006, and the collection is a remarkable volume by a poet and nonfiction writer at the peak of her powers. Eavan Boland has called it “an essential collection,” and Mary Ruefle says the poems have “not what is to be expected – hints of cessation – but an overwhelming sense of blossoming.”
Other Literary Magazines
received January 23, 2017
- 6x6 - February 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title 6x6
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Number 35, February 2017
"they say triangle"
- Asymptote - Winter 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title Asymptote
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Winter 2017
This special sixth anniversary edition revolves around the theme of “Intimate Strangers.”
- Barrow Street - Winter 2016/2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title Barrow Street
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Winter 2016/2017
In this issue, Lee Sharkey, Tim Liu, Laura McCullough, Taije Silverman, and many others, including Pushcart Prize nominees Edward Mayes, Stuart Greenhouse, Lance Larsen, Bernadette Geyer, Suze Bienaimee, and Fred Marchant. Also in this issue, poems from Rochelle Hurt, winner of the 2015 Barrow Street Book Prize, and kicking off the inaugural Lois Hirshkowitz Poetry Prize.
- descant - 2016 - mag stand
- Linked Title descant
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 55, 2016
- Gris-Gris - Winter 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title Gris-Gris
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 7, Winter 2017
Our seventh issue (Winter, 2017) features poetry by Peter Cooley, Sheryl St. Germain, Stanley Rubin, and others; fiction by Jason Mark Harris, Mary Jo Melone, Andrea Nolan, and Tom Vollman; photography by Deborah Lillie; essay by Deborah Cibelli.
- Palooka - 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title Palooka
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 7, 2017
Intriguing fiction by Andrew Steiner, Joe Ponepinto, Kevin Lichty, and Bill Schillaci; dynamic poetry from John Sibley Williams and Max Eevi; a musical essay by Jim Ross; a hilarious comic by Frank Weisberg; vibrant artwork from Susan Spangenberg; dynamic photographs from Harry Wilson; and a fantastic cover by Cesar Valtierra.
- PANK - 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title PANK
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 12, 2017
- Poetry Northwest - Winter/Spring 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title Poetry Northwest
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 11 Issue 2, Winter/Spring 2017
- The Stoneslide Corrective - January 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title The Stoneslide Corrective
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 5, January 2017
- SubTerrain - Number 75 - mag stand
- Linked Title SubTerrain
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Number 75, Fall/Winter 2017
Features our Lush Triumphant 2016 contest winners; new fiction from David Laidlaw, Grant Shipway; poetry by Jen Currin, Nathaniel G. Moore; commentary by Peter Babiak, Shazia Hafiz Ramji; other non-fiction from Stephanie Dickinson and others; rebellious columns; book reviews. Surreal cover & illustrations throughout by feature artist Rebecca Chaperon.
- Subtropics - Fall/Winter 2016 - mag stand
- Linked Title Subtropics
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 22, Fall/Winter 2016
received January 23, 2017
- Feminist Studies - Volume 42 Number 3 - mag stand
- Linked Title Feminist Studies
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 42 Number 3, 2016
- Free Inquiry - February/March 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title Free Inquiry
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 37 Number 2, February/March 2017
What Really Matters.
- In These Times - February 2017 - mag stand
- Linked Title In These Times
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 41 Number 2, February 2017
The United States of Exxon by Antonia Juhasz. Plus, Diane Ravitch on Betsy Devos' plan to kill public education.
- The Nation - January 30 2017
- Linked Title The Nation
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 304 Number 5, January 30 2017
The Nation Presents NYC Vs. Trump. Center Ring: Will Bill De Blasio and the People of NYC Land the First Blows Against Trumpism? - Jarrett Murphy
- Social Policy - Winter 2016 - mag stand
- Linked Title Social Policy
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 46 Number 4, Winter 2016
Inside: Contract Buying: It's Back!; Does the CFPB Have a Future?; Refocusing Our Vision and Confronting Race; Organizing in Cameroon and the Fight Against Land Grabbing; Excerpts on Citizens Activists, Slums, Globalization, and Civil Racism