NewPages Magazine Stand
New Issues of Online & Print
Literary & Alternative Magazines
Sponsor Literary & Alternative Magazines
received March 02, 2015
The Gay & Lesbian Review - Volume 22 Number 2, March-April 2015
The theme of this issue is “Private P/Arts.” From the Middle Ages: a drawing by a priest who depicted Jesus in the nude—not exactly anatomically correct. From the Renaissance: the codpiece, which exaggerated the male endowment under the pretext of protecting or concealing it. In modern times, something seems to be hiding in a landscape by painter Grant Wood. Works by painter Christina Schlesinger depicting lesbian sex were hidden until recently. Also in this issue are book reviews and poems, a profile of drag impresario Ryan Landry, and a tribute to the late Leslie Feinberg.
- Linked Title The Gay & Lesbian Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 22 Number 2, March-April 2015
Mudfish - Volume 18
Mudfish 18 is bigger and better than ever; this edition continues to couple art and literature in an exhilarating format. It includes the winning poets of the 11th Mudfish Poetry Prize chosen by Charles Simic, Elisabeth Murawski, Kyoko Uchida and Cornelia Hoogland; new fiction by Robert Steward, Stephanie Dickinson and Jill Hoffman; poems by almost a hundred new and old Mudfish poets; and art by Paul Wuensche, Farraell Brickhouse, Carlos Fragoso, Vitaly Komar and others.
- Linked Title Mudfish
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 18
Poetry - Volume 205 Number 6, March 2015
New poems by Cathy Park Hong, Laura Kasishcke, Terese Svoboda, Richard O. Moore, Abigail Deutsch, Jillian Weise, Rosebud Ben-Oni, Charlie Bondhus, John Kinsella, John Hennessy, Adam Vines, Michelle Y. Burke, Kevin Prufer, Julie Maclean, Jessica Fjeld, Aram Saroyan, Miller Oberman, Austin Smith, Tony Hoagland, Martha Silano, and Michael Derrick Hudson; a special portfolio on an unfinished poem by Kenneth Koch, with a letter, facsimiles, and photos; Tom Sleigh on teaching creative writing in Iraq.
- Linked Title Poetry
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 205 Number 6, March 2015
Ragazine.CC - Volume 11 Number 2, March-April 2015
Featured in this issue is photography by Art Kane, art by Rosy Lamb, creative nonfiction by Stephanie Golisch, a look at post-WWII photography in Japan with Ginger Liu, and other columns, politics, comics, and more.
- Linked Title Ragazine.CC
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 11 Number 2, March-April 2015
World Literature Today - March/April 2015
Writing Beyond Iran, featuring four writers from the Iranian diaspora, headlines the March 2015 issue of World Literature Today. The issue also includes new poems by Chinese author Lan Lan, Galsan Tschinag’s “swan song” for Mongolia, an essay on Belgian comic Olivier Schrauwen, a survey of South African crime fiction, and two pieces on rewriting Haitian literary history. As always, a wealth of book reviews as well as additional stories, poetry, essays, interviews, and online exclusives round out the issue.
- Linked Title World Literature Today
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 89 Number 2, March-April 2015
Other Literary Magazines
received March 02, 2015
The Antigonish Review - Number 180, Winter 2015
- Linked Title The Antigonish Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Number 180, Winter 2015
apt - Issue 5, 2015
Our fifth issue features stories that employ a long scope and wide lens. Immersive and full, here are five works that cannot and will not be condensed. Look to these stories for intricacy, breadth, and an all-encompassing narrative view. Contributors: Colleen Cable, Elizabeth Chandler, Kendra Fortmeyer, William Hillyard, Matt Jones.
- Linked Title apt
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 5, 2015
Barrow Street - Winter 2014/15
- Linked Title Barrow Street
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Winter 2014/15
Blue Lyra Review - Volume 4 Number 1, Spring 2015
- Linked Title Blue Lyra Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 4 Number 1, Spring 2015
Caketrain - Issue 12, 2014
Caketrain’s latest issue features work from Kirstin Allio, Laurie Blauner, Ryan Call, J’Lyn Chapman, Jessica Comola, Zachary Doss, Sarah Rose Etter, Brian Evenson, Joel Hans, Alyse Knorr, Darby Larson, Gary Lutz, Elizabeth Mikesch, JoAnna Novak, Kim Parko, Vanessa Place, Jessica Poli, Nick Francis Potter, Kathryn Scanlan, May-Lan Tan and others.
- Linked Title Caketrain
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 12, 2014
In the American imagination, George Washington is a figure who has come to represent both truth-telling and mythmaking. The famous story of the cherry tree reminds us that there is truth even in invention, that even apocrypha can convey the facts of life. Featuring work by Jericho Brown, Stephanie Dickinson, Leslie Harrison, Anna Journey, Bruce Snider, and more.
- Linked Title Cherry Tree
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 1, 2015
The Fib Review - Issue 20
- Linked Title The Fib Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 20
The Font - Fall 2014
The Font – A Literary Journal for Language Teachers is a journal about teaching and learning languages at home and abroad. This issue features essays by Marjorie Hakala, Jim Jenson, Layton Issacs, and Linsay Nash; creative nonfiction by Kelly Quinn, Heather Mallett, and Anna Cabe; fiction by Edward M. Goodell; and poetry by Roger Elkin, Jessica Goodfellow, Bruce McRae, Krista Lukas, and more.
- Linked Title The Font
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Fall 2014
Gigantic Sequins - Volume 6 Number 1, January 2015
6.1 features winning work from GS’s 3rd annual poetry & flash fiction contests, judged by Dawn Lundy Martin & Mat Johnson. Sarah Rose Etter, Dalton Day, Tyler Brewington, Kara Vernor, & others contribute fiction & poetry. Visual art includes David Lynch-inspired brooches by Carly Mayer and crocheted animal skeletons by Caitlin McCormack.
- Linked Title Gigantic Sequins
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 6 Number 1, January 2015
Gris-Gris - Issue 5, Spring 2015
The new issue features poetry by Natasha Trethewey, Judith Skillman, William Miller, and others; fiction by Ramona Reeves and Ben Shields; nonfiction by Brent McKight and Vivian Wagner; and an interview with acclaimed director Benh Zeitlin.
- Linked Title Gris-Gris
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 5, Spring 2015
Hoot - Issue 41, February 2015
"Leg" - poetry by Rachel Dull
- Linked Title Hoot
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 41, February 2015
Kentucky Review - January 2015
Kentucky Review 2014, an all-poetry issue, features 98 poets from the U.S. and abroad, among them Paul Hostovsky, Joan Colby, William Greenway, and many other distinguished writers. The poems in this printed edition of 222 pages reflect the magazine's editorial policy of eclecticism in subject and style.
- Linked Title Kentucky Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date January 2015
The Lake - March 2015
The March issue of The Lake is now online featuring Joyce S. Brown, James Brush, Seth Crook, Grace Curtis, Eleanor Holland, Kamikawa, Laura M. Kaminski, Rebecca Kylie Law, Patrick Lodge, Debra McQueen, Todd Mercer, Thomas O’Connell, Edward O’Dwyer, Kenneth Pobo, Julie Sampson.
- Linked Title The Lake
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date March 2015
Literary Mama - February 2015
- Linked Title Literary Mama
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date February 2015
Loose Change Magazine - Volume 5 Number 1
Loose Change 5.1 is live! Featuring work by Laura Carter, Bruce Covey, Rob Halpern, Timothy Liu, Miranda Mellis, Matthew Nye, Coco Owen, D. A. Powell, Molly Rice, Joanna Ruocco, Donna Stonecipher, Megan Volpert, Keith Waldrop, Mark Young, and others.
- Linked Title Loose Change Magazine
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 5 Number 1
Lowestoft Chronicle - Issue 21, Spring 2015
The Spring edition of Lowestoft Chronicle (#21) features fiction by William Quincy Belle, Michael C. Keith, Mike Koenig, Nicolas Kostelecky, Jim Plath, and Olga Wojtas, poetry by Kenneth P. Gurney, David Havird, James B. Nicola, and Jane Røken, and nonfiction by Christina Selby.
- Linked Title Lowestoft Chronicle
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 21, Spring 2015
North Dakota Quarterly - Volume 80 Number 2, Spring 2015
Slow cooking, slow archaeology, slow teaching. These topics and more are examined in North Dakota Quarterly’s latest issue, “A Study in Slow.” Poems and fiction express truths about slowness in form and content. Reflections examine slow communication (a relationship developed through letter writing) and growing up “at the lake.”
- Linked Title North Dakota Quarterly
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 80 Number 2, Spring 2015
Notre Dame Review - Number 39, Winter/Spring 2015
- Linked Title Notre Dame Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Number 39, Winter/Spring 2015
One Story - Volume 12 Number 11 Issue 201, January 2015
"All Lateral" by Matt Sumell
- Linked Title One Story
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 12 Number 11 Issue 201, January 2015
A Public Space - Number 22, Winter 2015
- Linked Title A Public Space
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Number 22, Winter 2015
Right Hand Pointing - Issue 84
- Linked Title Right Hand Pointing
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 84
Smoky Blue Literary Arts Magazine - Issue 2, Spring/Summer 2015
Smoky Blue Literary and Arts Magazine continues to offer the best in writing, art and photography from seniors and non-seniors. The second issue includes fiction from Irving Greenfield, non-fiction from Julia Spring, poetry from Bobby Steve Baker, and art from Sharon Sandel.
- Linked Title Smoky Blue Literary Arts Magazine
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 2, Spring/Summer 2015
Whirlwind Magazine - Issue 3, Winter 2015
Whirlwind Magazine's Winter Issue focuses on Latina issues through poems, art, and creative nonfiction. Features work from Kerry Shawn Keys, Justin Vitiello, and Karina Puente.
- Linked Title Whirlwind Magazine
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 3, Winter 2015
Xavier Review - Volume 34 Issues 1&2, Fall 2014
Malaika Favorite - Poems and interview by Philip C. Kolin
- Linked Title Xavier Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 34 Issues 1&2, Fall 2014
received March 02, 2015
Progressive Populist - Volume 21 Number 4, March 1 2015
GOP Health Plan: 'People Could Die and That's OK'
- Linked Title Progressive Populist
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 21 Number 4, March 1 2015
Sierra Magazine - Volume 100 Number 2, March/April 2015
The Food Issue
- Linked Title Sierra Magazine
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 100 Number 2, March/April 2015