NewPages Magazine Stand
New Issues of Online & Print
Literary & Alternative Magazines
Sponsor Literary & Alternative Magazines
received February 08, 2016
The Gettysburg Review - Volume 29 Number 1, Spring 2016
In this issue, we’ve selected writing fanciful and sublime, including George David Clark’s poem “The Statue Garden,” Elizabeth Gold’s speculative essay “So It Begins,” Michael Heffernan’s “For the Feat of Justin Martyr,” and Amy Wallen’s hilariously scandalous “When We Were Ghouls.” The topic of memory recurs throughout the Spring 2016 issue, found in works by Richard Tillinghast, Jonathan Johnson, Jennifer Clements, and Martha Gies. As usual, there’s much more: quirky new stories from Becky Hagenston, Ashley Wurzbacher, and Jason K. Friedman, whimsical mixed-media collages by Jacqui Larsen, and more.
- Linked Title The Gettysburg Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 29 Number 1, Spring 2016
The Hudson Review - Volume 68 Number 4, Winter 2016
In this issue: Luke Mogelson’s short story Kids, set in a U.S base in Afghanistan; Pevear and Volokhonsky’s translation of Pushkin’s murderous gambling tale, “The Queen of Spades”; David Mason reviews Claudia Rankine, Kay Ryan, Karen Solie, Lia Purpura and Lavinia Greenlaw; poetry from Dana Gioia, Gail Mazur, Tess Taylor, Jane Hilberry and Prescott Evarts; Derwent May on the trend of salacious literary biographies; William H. Pritchard on Milton’s recent critics; Tom Wilhelmus reviews Rushdie, Franzen, Houllebecq, Lucia Berlin, Marlon James and Joy Williams; Karen Wilkin talks William Kentridge; Marcia Siegel on the ICA’s Black Mountain College; and much more.
- Linked Title The Hudson Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 68 Number 4, Winter 2016
Mud Season Review - Issue 16
In this issue: Art by LiQin Tan and nonfiction by Arthur Plotnik with additional imagery by Allison Merriweather, Natcha W., and Sharon Webster. JD Fox interviews Rebecca Fishow whose fiction is in this issue, and Chris LaMay-West interviews Louisa A. Igloria whose poetry is also in this issue.
- Linked Title Mud Season Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 16
Plume - Issue 55, February 2016
Our feature this month, from Emmanuel Moses, is not to be missed, not a word, including the magical introductory interview conducted by Associate Editor Nancy Mitchell. Adam Tavel reviews Alive Alive O by Greta Stoddart this month, and Hélène Cardona translates “Poem to Circle IV” by José Manuel Cardona. Other poems this issue are by Carrie Etter, Devin Johnston, Carol Frost, Gail Mazur, Alan Shapiro, Thomas Lux, and others.
- Linked Title Plume
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 55, February 2016
River Teeth - Volume 17 Number 1, Fall 2015
In this issue: “A Grave on the High Plains” by Stephen Benz, “Going Back to Plum Island” by Jill Christman, “Air and Water” by Karen Dietrich, “Detours of Intenions: Lost and Found in the Holy Land’ by Tom Fate, “Animals of the Suburbs” by Kerry Folan, “Jigsaw Puzzle” by Robert Long Foreman, and lots more.
- Linked Title River Teeth
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 17 Number 1, Fall 2015
Verse - Volume 32 Numbers 1-3, 2015
The latest issue of Verse includes long poems by Natalie Eilbert and Sandra Simonds, an excerpt of a novel by Timothy Liu, prose poems by Eric Pankey, lyric prose by Karla Kelsey, hybrid work from Kate Colby and John High and Laressa Dickey, poetic sequences by Leonard Schwartz and Kevin Varrone and Douglas Piccinnini, poems by Kathryn Cowles and B.J. Soloy, and short stories by Aleah Sterman Goldin.
- Linked Title Verse
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 32 Numbers 1-3, 2015
Other Literary Magazines
received February 08, 2016
Arkansas Review - Volume 46 Issue 3, December 2015
The Delta: The Country and the City
- Linked Title Arkansas Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 46 Issue 3, December 2015
cahoodaloodaling - Issue 19, January 2016
Guest edited by M. Mack, “Writers Create: A Winter Makers' Fair” features work by: Sarah Bates & Dustin Michael, Linda Kennedy, Lynn Hoffman, Clinton Siegle, Bill Wolak, Allen Crawford, Leonard Kogan, Carol Smallwood, & T.A. Noonan. Interview with Amanda Oaks of Words Dance. Spotlight: “Flood” by Molly Rideout.
- Linked Title cahoodaloodaling
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 19, January 2016
Denver Quarterly - Volume 50 Number 2, 2016
- Linked Title Denver Quarterly
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 50 Number 2, 2016
Ibbetson Street - Number 38, November 2015
Poetry by Kooser, Coe, Clerici, Cohen, Glines, Tepper, Pineau, and more... Also: Review of Charlotte Gordon's "Romantic Outlaws . . . "
- Linked Title Ibbetson Street
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Number 38, November 2015
Idaho Review - Volume 15, 2015
Special Fiction Issue
- Linked Title Idaho Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 15, 2015
Isthmus - Issue 4, Fall/Winter 2015
This issue explores themes of family and travel with work from Brendan Cooney, Julie C. Day, Orman Day, Josh Garfinkel, Alison Condie Jaenicke, Mercedes Lawry, Becka Mara McKay, and Bret Shepard. Read excerpts and check out the photo gallery that accompanies Alison Condie Jaenicke’s piece at our blog.
- Linked Title Isthmus
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 4, Fall/Winter 2015
Jersey Devil Press - February 2016
Bust out the wine, chocolate, and red roses! And after you've delivered these obligatory offerings to the chubby Pennsylvanian rodent who controls the weather, treat yourself to our seventy-fifth issue, which is so classy that it has an actual bidet. It also has butterflies, a kid with a beard, thumb chop-offing, Emily Dickinson, UFOs, and possibly a fairy.
- Linked Title Jersey Devil Press
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date February 2016
Louisiana Literature - Volume 33 Number 1, 2016
- Linked Title Louisiana Literature
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 33 Number 1, 2016
Painted Bride Quarterly - Volume 7, 2015
- Linked Title Painted Bride Quarterly
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 7, 2015
Phoebe - Volume 45 Number 1, Fall 2015
This edition honors our late professor and mentor Alan Cheuse, a writer and reviewer known for his smooth voice on NPR. Our special edition section features the short story he originally published with Phoebe, as well as writing inspired by him, shared with us through the newly established Alan Cheuse Literary Review.
- Linked Title Phoebe
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 45 Number 1, Fall 2015
Ploughshares - Volume 41 Number 4, Winter 2015-16
- Linked Title Ploughshares
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 41 Number 4, Winter 2015-16
Salmagundi - Number 188-189, Fall 2015 - Winter 2016
50th Anniversary Volume 3 - The Non-Fiction Issue: personal essays, politics & culture, arts & letters, and interviews.
- Linked Title Salmagundi
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Number 188-189, Fall 2015 - Winter 2016
Shot Glass Journal - Issue 18, February 2016
Shot Glass Journal Issue #18 represents talented poets from Australia, Bahamas, Canada, Egypt, India, Ireland, Kenya, New Zealand, Philippines, South Africa, the UK and the US. Find free verse and form poetry from young and emerging poets as well as award-winning poets. We hope the variety of style, form and voice offers something exceptional that the reader takes away with them.
- Linked Title Shot Glass Journal
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 18, February 2016
Sugar House Review - Number 12, Fall/Winter 2015
Sugar House Review's twelfth issue is a diverse range of poetry and book reviews. Mary Angelino's "Dinner at Nonna's" is not only in this issue, but also featured in Best New Poets 2015. Other contributors include Gaylord Brewer, Rob Carney, Brandon Courtney, Lance Larsen, Lee Ann Roripaugh, and more.
- Linked Title Sugar House Review
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Number 12, Fall/Winter 2015
Thrice Fiction - Issue 15, December 2015
- Linked Title Thrice Fiction
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Issue 15, December 2015
Understorey Magazine - Winter 2016
In the Winter 2016 issue of Understorey Magazine we ask eight women authors for advice on writing and motherhood. We also feature poetry on loon mothers, tree frogs and bingo; fiction on earthquakes and post-partum depression; and creative nonfiction on winter storms, winter tonics, stage moms and things unsaid.
- Linked Title Understorey Magazine
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Winter 2016
received February 08, 2016
Our Times - Volume 34 Number 4, Winter 2015
The Busman's Holiday
- Linked Title Our Times
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 34 Number 4, Winter 2015
Space And Culture - Volume 19 Number 1, February 2016
- Linked Title Space And Culture
- Volume/Number/Issue/Date Volume 19 Number 1, February 2016