Publisher’s Description: For over thirty-five years, The Florida Review has published quality fiction, nonfiction, graphic narrative, poetry, interviews, and reviews from established and emerging writers. Recent issues include work from Billy Collins, David Huddle, Denise Duhamel, Tony Hoagland, Alex Lemon, Steven Harvey, Maureen Stanton, and Terese Svoboda. Our pages have also featured fiction, poetry, interviews, and essays by such internationally renowned writers as Margaret Atwood, Bob Shacochis, Stephen Dixon, Grace Paley, Lorrie Moore, Mark Doty, Tobias Wolff, David Foster Wallace, Tony Early and Virgil Suárez.
The Florida Review has been listed in Writer's Digest's “Fiction Fifty,” and creative pieces first printed in our magazine have been reprinted and awarded “special mention” in The Pushcart Prizes: Best of the Small Presses and several of the Best American collections.
The Florida Review is published twice annually, Winter and Summer. Our annual Editors Prize contest is held each Winter and awarded in Spring. Awards of $1000 are given in each of three genres: fiction, creative nonfiction, and poetry. We also sponsor the annual Jeanne M. Leiby Memorial Chapbook Award in fiction or graphic narrative with a December 1 deadline and first-prize of $1,000 and letterpress chapbook publication.
The Florida Review
- Item View Image:
- About this Magazine: The Florida Review publishes innovative fiction, nonfiction, poetry, reviews, and graphic narrative by established and emerging writers. Spring Editors' Prize awards $1000 in each genre.
- Editor(s): Lisa Roney, Peter M. Ives, Ken Hart
- Address 1: University of Central Florida
- Address 2: English Department
- Address 3: 4000 Central Florida Blvd.
- City: Orlando
- State Code: FL
- Postal Code: 32816
- Phone: (407) 823-6157
- Website: floridareview.cah.ucf.edu
- Facebook: Facebook
- Format: Print
- Genres: fiction, nonfiction, poetry, comics, reviews, interviews
- Simultaneous Submissions: yes (with notice)
- Postal Submissions: no
- Email Submissions: no
- Online Submissions: yes (see website)
- Reading Period: year-round
- Response Time: 4-6 months
- Payment: copies
- Contests: yes (see website)
- ISSN: 0742-2466
- Founded: 1975
- Issues Per Year: 2
- Sample Copy (postpaid): $10
- Copy Price: $8
- Subscription (individuals): $15
- Subscription (institutions): $20