Publisher’s Description: Fourth Genre: Explorations in Nonfiction is a literary journal devoted to publishing notable, innovative work in creative nonfiction. The journal explores the genre's flexibility and expansiveness with works ranging from personal essays and memoirs to literary journalism, personal criticism, and graphic or hybrid pieces. FG publishes essays that are lyrical, self-interrogating, meditative, and reflective, as well as, expository, analytical, exploratory, or whimsical. In addition to essays, each issue features a substantive review section. The spring issue features winners of the annual literary prize.
Recent issues have included work by Brenda Miller, Rebecca McClanahan, Pablo Pinero, Don Stap, Kate Carroll de Gutes, Matthew Gavin Frank, Kathryn Winograd, Steven Church, Joe Bonomo, and Ryan Van Meter.
Fourth Genre is available at www.msupress.org, in both print and electronic form.
- Subtitle: Explorations in Nonfiction
- Item View Image:
- About this Magazine: Devoted to publishing notable, innovative work in creative nonfiction, including personal essays and memoirs, graphic essays, experimental forms, and book reviews.
- Editor(s): Laura Julier
- Address 1: 434 Farm Ln, Rm. 235
- Address 2: Michigan State University
- City: East Lansing
- State Code: MI
- Postal Code: 48824-1033
- Phone: (517) 355-2400
- Website: www.msupress.org
- Facebook: Facebook
- Format: Print, E-pub
- Genres: nonfiction, cross-genre, reviews
- Simultaneous Submissions: yes (see website)
- Postal Submissions: yes
- Email Submissions: no
- Online Submissions: no
- Reading Period: 8/15 - 11/30
- Response Time: 16 weeks
- Payment: yes (see website)
- Contests: yes (see website)
- ISSN: 1522-3868
- Founded: 1999
- Issues Per Year: 2
- Average Pages: 224
- Copy Price: $35 Print, $25 PDF
- Subscription (individuals): $42
- Subscription (institutions): $126